Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quake Champions  (Read 12815 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« on: May 30, 2017, 01:11:24 PM »

Hi everyone, I thought about a topic to say your own opinions about Quake Champions, successor of Quake 3 and Quake Live, which should be released in 2017.

It's currently still in "(closed?) beta" stage, however I tried it today, and you don't need an invitation: you just register on the QC site and it gives you a code, then login to bethesda site and insert that code... then you can install and try the game.

Features (at the moment)
- Engine hybrid of id tech 6 and
Ssber Engine.
- Some classic modes auch as DM and some new modes, such as duel made of "best of three" or similar.
- Each character ("champion") has got different speed/healt/armor values, and a distinctive special ability (e.g. teleport, invisibility, wallhack) than can be used by now and then.
- "Free to play" business model. You need real world money to buy champions... however there is virtual money to unlock them for a day.
- Quite demanding in terms of system requirements, loading times may be improved...

What are your thoughts?
Did you already try it?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 02:44:28 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 02:01:55 PM »

http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=5250.0

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 02:46:57 PM »

Ooops! I completely forgot about that thread from psst year! I'm sorry!

However, at that time there was just a trailer, while now there is a beta that anyone can try... :-)

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 02:53:51 PM »

Also, now I realized I missed that thread also because I opened this one in the wrong section ("id tech 3 engine" instead of "not openarena - general"). Sorry, I was acting from phone and did this mistake.

Could you please delete this thread? Thanks.
I replied to the existing thread.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 01:32:20 AM by Gig » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: