Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recreating hydronex (hydro-oa3)  (Read 4394 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« on: September 12, 2017, 06:59:33 PM »

Remember all of those times I've talked about solving the issues with this map? Well, I've finally stopped fiddling around and put my hands at work.

This version of Hydro has an extra level spanning the flag rooms and almost the entirety of the outer area. It also has a structure in the middle which not only serves to house the neutral game objectives, but also serves as a block of sorts towards campers, so camping is (hopefully) limited.

REMEMBER: LAYOUT FIRST, VISUALS LATER.

As this is a CTF map, the main concern is how long it takes to reach the enemy flag, and how easy is to either attack or defend.

The map was compiled without the -light phase, as this is just a test.
Doesn't include .arena file.

WEAPONS: Shotgun, Grenade Launcher, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Gun, Railgun, Nailgun, Chaingun.
ITEMS: Health, Megahealth, Small Health, Armor Shard, Combat Armor, Quad Damage, Haste (absent in 1FCTF and Harvester).
SUPPORTED GAMETYPES: CTF, One Flag CTF, Harvester, Overload, Elimination, CTF Elimination. Next build: Double DOM (there's only one spawnpoint) and Single DOM.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 07:36:42 PM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 01:12:33 AM »

Going flag-to-flag took me about 30 seconds if using lower corridors, and about 34 seconds using jummpads. Again, I'm not a great strafejumper.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: