Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: problem playing mod singleplayer  (Read 9112 times)
Aileras
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: March 14, 2018, 05:10:46 PM »

Not sure where to ask this. I'm trying to play a mod from a server just on my computer single player. I go to the mod menu and click on the mod and the monitor goes black and I get the "input not supported" message. I know I've done this accidentally in the past by choosing the wrong resolution. I not sure how to change it as I can't see the screen to make the changes. Is there a cfg file or something somewhere that I can edit to get it to start out at the right resolution? Or am I doing something else wrong? Any help would be amazing, thanks.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 12:00:11 AM »

Alt-enter to get into a window out of fullscreen at least.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Aileras
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 12:25:55 AM »

Thanks fromhell that did work but now I see that it's just sending me back to the main menu. Is there something I need to do to play a specific mod offline?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 01:23:49 AM »

First, seeing the standard main menu does not necessarily mean the mod isn't working. There are various mods that do not customize the main menu... there are mods which do not customize the GUI at all. Did you try to actually play a map, to see if some of the rule changes brought by the mod are in place?

In case the mod really isn't working...
If you cannot later play "locally" a certain mod that you autodownloaded by playing it on a server, it may be because your local copy may not be "complete" (as autodownload only gets the pk3 files required at that point), e.g. your machine may have downloaded the client-side GUI changes only, but not the server part gamecode, if they were stored in different pk3 files on the server... or maybe the mod may search for a specific series of additional maps (there are a few mods with such requirements), and you don't own some of them.
Maybe you may try to find an installation package for that mod on the web, or may take a look to the server infos (e.g. from dpmaster website) too see if there is a visible value for sv_dlURL variable ("DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Fast_downloading]fast downloading"), then go to such path with a web browser to try if you can manually download additional files from there.

See also: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Using_Mods
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:44:41 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: