Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Private server - couple of questions  (Read 8287 times)
ais77
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: June 18, 2018, 07:18:26 AM »

Googling unfortunately didn't help, probably you guys could bring some light to these questions regarding private server:

1. do I usderstand it right that private servers aren't listed on dpmaster? Only Specify option for access is available?
2. is there any option to add private internet (not local) server to Favorites in order to save access password and connect to it without need of bringing up console and use \password command?

Thank you in advance.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 09:24:54 AM »

Googling unfortunately didn't help, probably you guys could bring some light to these questions regarding private server:

1. do I usderstand it right that private servers aren't listed on dpmaster? Only Specify option for access is available?
I think "Private" may also mean servers which are publicly listed, but are DO NOT LINK[/b])  h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers#Password-protected_servers]password protected. I think the in-game server browser means them this way.

2. is there any option to add private internet (not local) server to Favorites in order to save access password and connect to it without need of bringing up console and use \password command?
Built-in DO NOT LINK[/b])  h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Multiplayer#Favorites]favorites management is very basic and limited. Maybe using an external utility like qtracker it may be possible, but I can't assure.

Note, as you are are new here: I talk for my own experience. I'm not a developer and there are many things that I still don't know.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
ais77
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 11:05:12 AM »

I think "Private" may also mean servers which are publicly listed, but are DO NOT LINK[/b])  h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers#Password-protected_servers]password protected. I think the in-game server browser means them this way.
I thought this way as well, since I can connect to my server from Internet suing Specify option in OA client and I see it there using url like http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=openarena&server=*serverdnsname*, so it's recognised by master somehow.
But it's never listed among others - that's why I asked.

Maybe using an external utility like qtracker it may be possible, but I can't assure.
Thank you for the tip, I will investigate this way. Your help is anyway valuable!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 12:58:49 PM »

I thought this way as well, since I can connect to my server from Internet suing Specify option in OA client and I see it there using url like http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=openarena&server=*serverdnsname*, so it's recognised by master somehow.
But it's never listed among others - that's why I asked.
Well, if the server is reachable from the internet (incoming NAT/port forwarding correctly configured), then I think it is possible to query it through that string, knowing its IP:PORT (or dns:port, I can guess), even if it's not "published" to the master server list.

However, for the server to be listed in the list (http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=openarena), it has also to be set in "dedicated 2" mode and the firewall has to allow its "heartbeat" (outgoing) packets to reach the master server.

See also: (DO NOT LINK)  h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Dedicated_server and (DO NOT LINK)  h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Multiplayer/Advanced#IPs.2C_routers_and_firewalls
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 01:04:10 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: