Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New CTF map: gothic_ctf.bsp  (Read 8748 times)
Thedarkb
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: September 17, 2018, 02:39:42 PM »

Hello! I've just released a map called gothic_ctf or "Gothic Abbey". It's under the 3 clause BSD license which is GPLv2 compatible.

It is available for download here.

Thanks to Gig, Scorch_, Kizzle, TheGeekster, Budget Builds and UKVamp for playtesting the map and providing
extremely valuable feedback.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 04:41:24 PM by Thedarkb » Logged

You may also know me as ToyotaFanKK, EightMegs or EightMegsAndConstantlySwapping.
Thedarkb
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 03:16:00 PM »

~~Apologies for the double post but I'm experiencing hosting problems at the moment, the download link is temporarily out of action.~~

It's back now on a different server.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 04:53:00 PM by Thedarkb » Logged

You may also know me as ToyotaFanKK, EightMegs or EightMegsAndConstantlySwapping.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 02:00:16 AM »

I like it!  Smiley
Nice small map, I like it being mirrored instead of rotated...
But it has to be played with few players, yesterday we played a 4v4 match and it was too cahotic...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Thedarkb
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 12:57:30 PM »

I like it!  Smiley
Nice small map, I like it being mirrored instead of rotated...
But it has to be played with few players, yesterday we played a 4v4 match and it was too cahotic...
Thanks gig  Smiley
To be honest, most of the geometry is from an unreleased QuakeWorld map, I cut it in half along the center and mirrored it for convenience more than anything. The out of place square brush in the middle of the map is a remnant of an expansive flooded basement area, as are the two ponds.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: