Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: jerpoint.pk3  (Read 9762 times)
Thedarkb
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: November 05, 2018, 01:23:20 PM »

My new CTF and oneflag map, inspired by Kells Priory and Jerpoint Abbey.
It is available to download at http://kelium95.info/baseoa/jerpoint.pk3.

I also put together a little gameplay trailer.
https://youtu.be/MGDd_UI_0WQ

You may also know me as ToyotaFanKK, EightMegs or EightMegsAndConstantlySwapping.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 03:10:40 PM »

Tried it. The initial DM spawnpoints caused the map to start with a lot of chaos.

I was a bit worried about the distinct paths to the flags but it turned out to work quite well. Normally all fighting is in the bases but in this case you where forced to fight in the corridors and to me it worked.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Thedarkb
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 11:38:01 AM »

Thank you, the initial DM spawnpoints consist of two straight lines from each team base to the opposing team's spawn room.

You may also know me as ToyotaFanKK, EightMegs or EightMegsAndConstantlySwapping.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 12:56:09 PM »

Map has a simple and effective layout, it reminded me to the ps37ctf maps. Perhaps the ammo distribution could be more spread in order to force defenders to stock up, as the flag bases are pretty small. 4x50 health in bases should be replaced by 2x25, otherwise it would be really hard to attack the bases. Also the water covers most of the central area, reducing the pool in a 25% and connecting the remaining ground with the bridge should help improve the flow of the map a bit.

Gameplay-wise, that's the only things I have to say about the map. It definitely has a lot of potential.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Thedarkb
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 01:05:49 PM »

I'll get around to changing the item placements soon, I'm still not certain about whether I should change the size of the pond, I feel that replacing the mega health with a quad damage and moving the mega health to the bridge might justify the danger of entering the water. My rationale behind cutting the map in half with the bridge was to force people into the corridors, the bridge walls can still be cleared with relative ease using the plasma gun.

Thedarkb
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 11:21:52 AM »

I've made an update addressing most of the criticisms.
It's available to download at http://kelium95.info/baseoa/jerpoint2.pk3

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: