Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: (NOT) GPL texture packs  (Read 35998 times)
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2007, 01:13:45 PM »

please stop trying to nullify the terms of the GPL to fit your particular situation.

I'm not trying to nullify the terms of the GPL. The subject on the GPL is a very touchy subject and with OpenArena being one of the very few(that I have seen) that use only GPL'ed "programs" with such an artistic thing as mapping keeping things clear is difficult.

The "Program" thing was merely a question to find out others point of view on it.

Maybe someone should write up a Sticky stating what is required for maps to be Officially supported by OpenArena and clear up some of the details that keep re-appearing. To stop these kind of threads appearing which just causes tempers to rise?
Blaenk
more like blank dumb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 02:01:14 PM »

Maybe someone should write up a Sticky stating what is required for maps to be Officially supported by OpenArena and clear up some of the details that keep re-appearing. To stop these kind of threads appearing which just causes tempers to rise?

Definitely. And since typically dmn_clown and leileilol are the first to turn something down they obviously 'know' about this more than us, so I call that they write it. That way we can avoid future arguments that others wont read, and will continue to create more and more.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2007, 12:52:17 PM »

This quote from quake3world ends all discussion about putting this in OA

Quote from: broar
Ermm, ...
The most textures are besed on "notsogood" free digital image reference i found in the web.

No trust in originality = none at all.

What's also weird is Foo bashing the project over someone else and a dumb reason. This is funny because when OA first started up, Foo wanted to take over the project and turn it into a lame copyandpastefrompolycount CC licensed fest. Since the decline he has blocked me on msn and never came on again. LOL

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 01:37:06 PM by leileilol » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: