Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: another radiant setup question  (Read 15650 times)
biter
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: March 03, 2007, 11:53:46 AM »

hey, so I installed radiant v 1.5, but unfortunately I tried to set it up through the dialog before I read the instructions from this board. I've reinstalled it several times, and it doesn't seem to matter what changes I make to the oa.game file or the default_build_menu file, radiant likes to create a baseoa folder within my open arena/baseoa directory. Basically I've got C:\Program Files\OpenArena\baseoa\baseoa. I mean, I could still load the oa textures by copying the pak files to this directory, but that's just lame and makes compiling and loading maps a pain.

Here's what my oa.game file looks like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<game
  type="q3"
  index="1"
  name="OpenArena"
  enginepath_win32="C:/Program Files/OpenArena/"
  enginepath_linux="/usr/local/games/quake3/"
  enginepath_macos="/Applications/Quake3/"
  engine_win32="ioquake3.x86.exe"
  engine_linux="quake3"
  engine_macos="Quake3.app"
  prefix=".openarena"
  basegame="baseoa"
  basegamename="Openrena"
  knowngame="missionpack"
  knowngamename="OpenArena"
  unknowngamename="OpenArena modification"
  shaderpath="scripts"
  archivetypes="pk3"
  texturetypes="tga jpg"
  modeltypes="md3 ase lwo obj 3ds picoterrain"
  maptypes="mapq3"
  shaders="quake3"
  entityclass="quake3"
  entityclasstype="xml"
  entities="quake3"
  brushtypes="quake3"
  patchtypes="quake3"
/>

Any ideas?
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 12:12:49 PM »

Yes, delete what you have already done, extract these files with your compression program of choice that handles tar.bz2, and drop them into your radiant install directory.  Fire up the editor and have at it.

(Note: you will notice that the TA items and powerups are available in the normal entity menu, this is a personal preference of mine as it makes editing multiple maps more efficient {No preference changes between maps for baseoa or the missionpack}, the TA items and powerups will not be available in game until the missionpack is available so don't use them unless you are doing a team map and wish to get ahead) (-:

biter
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 01:53:23 PM »

thanks dmn_clown, but radiant is still looking in openarena/baseoa/baseoa even after uninstalling/re-downloading/re-installing gtkradiant before adding adding your files. Is there anywhere else where radiant might have saved that path?
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 02:10:01 PM »

GtkRadiant is coded for a multiuser system so there is probably a user config somewhere, look for a radiant file and the oa.game folder within it... I don't use products from Redmond so I can't help much beyond that, perhaps one of the numerous people that agree to that restrictive license and use gtkradiant can help.

Blaenk
more like blank dumb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 03:10:57 PM »

GtkRadiant -> Edit -> Preferences -> Paths make sure that's the path to Open Arena inside Program Files. File -> Project Settings make sure that's Open Arena.

Looks like the path is probably pointing to C:/Program Files/OpenArena/baseoa, just point to /OpenArena
biter
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 04:14:26 PM »

thanks, blanky
that's exactly what I was looking for
Blaenk
more like blank dumb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 11:52:11 PM »

Of course it was, I'm teh best, you're welcome Smiley
D_E_N_I_S_K_A
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 06:14:56 AM »

This problem is simple. I'm just renaming my baseoa folder to baseq3 before starting radiant, and all is working
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 06:18:18 AM »

That is not a solution, that is a cheap hack. d-;

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: