Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena Android Touchscreen Control Questions  (Read 10629 times)
mod_mongerer
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: February 27, 2019, 10:53:39 AM »

Hi All,

Another question for the community.  Smiley  I like OpenArena on Android very much, and it doesn't crash with my custom Q3A maps, like QIII4A does.  However, regarding the touchscreen control scheme, is there a way to disable the "double-tap D-pad to jump" function?  I always find myself jumping when I don't want to.  Also, how about the "automatically rotate 180 degrees if you turn fast" function?  Again, I find myself doing that when I don't want to.

To delve further, is there a configuration file that I can edit to make the game physics more like Q3A?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 11:20:30 AM by mod_mongerer » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 12:10:45 PM »

What do you mean "to make the physics more like q3a"?

Maybe setting 125hz physics instead of accurate physics... or setting timescale 1 to have the standard game speed (hard with touchscreen controls).

Although using the console in the android port isn't exactly comfortable.... iirc pelya put a sort of speed slider to set timescale in the GUI...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 12:17:13 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
ELR1C_C150utcast
Nub

Cakes 0

I want to believe

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 01:14:47 PM »

The only  advice i can give is with regards to the 180° thing;when it starts to move one dorection, swipe the other way immediately. I dont exactly know how to explain it, but you'll  ge used to it eventually. Its actually even made playing Open Arena on android easier having that feature since i can kinda automatically pan and stop the screen by swiping hard opposite when i see a someone to frag.

Then again i've only ever done this against bots, and mot against nightmare or any difficulty of that bracket ^_^;
mod_mongerer
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 03:17:39 AM »

All good ideas.  The suggestions to speed up the game worked.  Thanks.  As far as swiping, I actually found an option in the menu which allows you to disable the swipe 180 degrees feature.  Now the only thing I still need is the option to disable jump on double-tapping the D-Pad.  I couldn't find an option for that. Perhaps there's a config file I can manually edit to accomplish this?  Thanks again.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 12:54:03 PM »

To disable joystick jump, open chat box during the game (top-left button), and enter this:

Code:
/set j_androidJoystickJumpTime 0

I'll add this to settings menu in the next update. If there ever will be an update, because I'm lazy.
mod_mongerer
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 03:44:17 AM »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: