Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any news on the new release?  (Read 14486 times)
Gonzo
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: December 21, 2020, 12:09:32 PM »

Hello, guys!

Are there any news upon the new OA release? Still possible to see it and play?
What's the status of the game/forum etc.? I really hope the project isn't dead...

Happy frag time to everyone. Thank you in advance.

There is always a presumption of innocence until proven guilty.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 02:27:41 PM »

Hi!

OA new version will be OA3, a content reboot with more coherent assets quality and art style (which will be more anime-ish). Unfortunately the progress is slow due to many reasons (and covid didn't help). ETA: when it's done.

Engine and gamecode development happens pubicly, on github https://github.com/OpenArena and nightly builds for easy testing gamecode (as OAX mod) and Windows binaries are available (here and here respectively). Engine and gamecode will just be an evolution of current ones, while user interface will get a big overhaul (early preview in oax_m nightly builds).

At the moment it's not possible to register new users on the forum, however most community activitiy happens in the Discord server.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gonzo
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 03:55:18 AM »

Erm... Sorry, don't use Discord and stuff. Any news on the release? Thanks.

There is always a presumption of innocence until proven guilty.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 10:27:09 PM »

No news about release date so far, sorry...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: