Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions of Open Arena  (Read 10498 times)
YOUR LAST GASP
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: March 20, 2007, 02:09:29 AM »

hello

To get people talking about new game can only be good.

here goes some early impresions of open arena   its free thats got to be great so great  big thank you to makers .

ive already had more fun playing oa than 80% games i have bought so thats big plus.   

met some nice players while fraging ,  i find movment very good ,  weapons a bit mixed bag     gauntlet machine gun and shotty are fine .

plasma is ok good pickup points throught maps ,     rail i havent come to grips with dosent seem  right  also why are weapons all silver perhaps rail could be different colour,     rockets are great but placment in maps tends to get better players shall we say hanging around rocket areas lol.   team colours is terrible i cant tell who is wteamates and who is enemy .   anyway just few thoughts to get all talking i wait for yout responses     GASP.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 02:15:04 AM »

I think the game needs a lot of work definitely especially the weapon models. The player models are OKAY except the Sarge model which is SUCKY. Also I had to look up online on how to change my character because the OA team didn't make a damn "Model Selection" button yet.

The maps leave something to be less than desired. The most popular map, OA_BASES3, is one of the worst maps i've ever played in my long 15+ years of FPS gaming. The spawnpoints aren't even balanced, wtf! The void4 level looks very crappy though I wonder why they even bother in the first place! Theres' better games like...     SYSTEM SHOCK 2

It shows some potential though, but the leader is stalling a bit because she's lazy.

Overall I give OpenArena a 48 out of 100.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 08:18:13 AM »

What are you talking about lbreakout2 is far better than System Shock 2?

Fragmonkey
Nub

Cakes 0

Fraggin' Monkeey

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 12:28:56 PM »

I love this game  :cool: :cool: :cool:

My Brain Is Green, My Eyes Are Pointing To A White Dot On Your Head Waiting To Send A Birthday Rifle With A Mauser K48 Rifle.
pio
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 01:55:26 PM »

System shock 2 kicks ass but i scary as hell, got bored playing on the hardest setting though

You are all indviduals
Amphetamine
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Cyberpunk

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 06:21:03 PM »

Just to interject at this point: Dystopia > Everything.

Aparently there's this free game called Dark Dementia in design right now that's supposed to be prety good too Wink

Top 5 tunes last week:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: