Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Arena  (Read 6665 times)
FragUPlenty
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: March 30, 2007, 10:41:51 AM »

Is there still development going on for Open Arena. I enjoy it and heard that the next release will have new maps and models and really cant wait for the new release, just hoping that there is still development going on for Open Arena

Macintosh - we might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end.  ~Douglas Adams
Kojiro_S
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

Har har har...

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 11:06:48 AM »

Well, just browsing through a few topics you can see dev' is still quite active Tongue
You might want to take a look at DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Roadmap]this.

BTW, the next release is scheduled for when/its/ready.

*ROOOAAAR*
FragUPlenty
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 03:21:56 PM »

cool man cant wait for the 0.70 release, what I really liked was at the bottom where it talked about reflective water. That oughta be impressive.

Macintosh - we might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end.  ~Douglas Adams
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 03:29:05 PM »

Yeah, but that's at an "i wish" position right now. No one in the q3 engine scene has implemented such thing yet nor is interested to do it with the old fashioned ARB method Sad

One engine is doing it through GLSL (XreaL) but it's got so much other effects that's not needed (per-pixel shadows) and has a very slow speed, and oh it's not compatible with the same gamecode and relies on other non-free things.

I did ask about this once in a q3 engine forum but they told me to switch to a buggy, QUAKE2 derived engine QFusionFX or a proprietary non-free engine called mE++. Hell with that!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 03:32:24 PM by leilol » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
FragUPlenty
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 03:47:38 PM »

well you have my support in whatever you do. I like how a small community is starting to grow around this game. I have played it all night on one occasion. I gotta say very good work. It could use more maps but from what I understand in the next release there is gonna be more maps. Thanks to you I can get my frag on for free. Really appreciate it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: