Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Leap of faith - beta  (Read 10959 times)
stjartmunnen
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: April 04, 2007, 01:38:40 AM »

Last night we held a speedmapping session over at Map-Center. The rules are pretty simple: make a map in 1 hour. This was my entry last night. Its pretty basic as you might imagine. I'd just like to know if it is worth pursuing. Im making a ctf for OA as well and Im very busy IRL so I dont want to waste my time with a crappy map Smiley .
I played a couple of rounds this morning and I'd say bots handle the map pretty well. There are several things that needs fixing and to spare you the trouble I'll list them here:
-Lightning needs tweaking (some areas are dark)
-Weapon/item spawn looks like crap, need to be replaced
-2 textures are not GPL'd. The skybox (I made a skybox for this map but I was to lazy to wright the shader Smiley ) and the jumppad.
-A bunch of trim and detail needs to be added
-Itemplacement, feel free to comment on that! The fact that there is no railgun is not a bug Smiley. I just thought it would be too dominant...do you agree?
-Probably some z-fighting and overdraw issues.

There were two things I thought about while testing it this morning. Maybe its to small and/or it needs more visual blocking ,ie pillars and stuff.

Screens:

DOWNLOAD (~1.5 mb)

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 02:04:02 AM by stjartmunnen » Logged
baconfish
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 10:14:15 AM »

I haven't had an opporunity to try it yet, but based on the screenshots I like it. Reminds me of the demo map for Unreal Tournament!

And thank you for excluding the railgun, good sir.
stjartmunnen
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 11:11:24 AM »

I haven't had an opporunity to try it yet, but based on the screenshots I like it. Reminds me of the demo map for Unreal Tournament!

And thank you for excluding the railgun, good sir.

haha, your welcome!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 11:48:43 AM by stjartmunnen » Logged
baronofhell
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 11:23:36 AM »

It's amazing that one hour led to this!

When Amp said that speed mapping was done in 1 hr, I thought it was gonna be something simple.

Good job.
stjartmunnen
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 12:11:20 PM »

Thanks Baron. Allthough this is my 30:th speedmap so I guess I've picked up a thing or two Smiley . You should join us next time!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 02:07:45 PM by stjartmunnen » Logged
Kojiro_S
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

Har har har...

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 03:53:16 PM »

It looks quite nice for a chase game, and even though I agree it's a bit dark, it sort of gives it ambience (maybe a pale blue to simulate moonlight would be enough).

*ROOOAAAR*
stjartmunnen
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 12:32:13 AM »

Im putting this one in the freezer. Im consentrating on the ctf Im making instead.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 06:22:32 AM »

Now available in MapRaider.

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5601

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: