Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Client <--> Server communication  (Read 11478 times)
noxin
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: April 03, 2007, 07:07:03 AM »

Hi,

i want to test an new KI-language.
So i will write an bot which connect to a game server an play only stupid thinks like create a map ...
to do this i want that he connect to the server like a client (clientBot) ... so he get the same informations
like an normal client ... is it possible to get same information about the network-protokoll??
or an example how i connect to the server ??
I test quake and unreal to but there is no information about the communication between the server and the
client an nobody answere me :-( ... i hope anybody here could help me

thx noxin

PS: please note i know my english isn't so good ... sorry
hyp3rfocus
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 02:29:57 PM »

hi noxin,

what language do you speak? there might be someone on the forum who also speaks it.

i will use simple english.   :-)

what is a ki-language?

you will write a bot which will "connect to a game server and play". i understand.

you said "only stupid thinks like create a map". i do not understand.

does the bot move around the game server and make a map of where it has been?

Blaenk
more like blank dumb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 04:44:59 PM »

I'm pretty sure he means something like an IRC Bot, where they use the protocol to communicate/interact. Noxin, I'm not really sure myself, but you can probably take a look at the engine code. Or do you mean a bot bot, like one you fight? If that's the case then I'm pretty sure you can look at the botfiles/ directory in the media assets.
noxin
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 12:41:42 PM »

thank you for your answer ...

i speak german :-)

KI is german sorry i mean AI (artificial intelligence) .
No the bot connect to an game and than explore the map and create his own to act faster.
I take a look in the source and i think everythink is there to write such a bot ... but if anybody has always done it i hope i could use it ;-) and a network-protokoll make it easier to know what the code does ...
no i don't mean a irc-bot ... a normal bot but he has to connect as a client and get only this informations and than he do something ...
i hope you understand me *s*

thanks noxin
hyp3rfocus
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 01:40:48 PM »

interesting. i don't really know anything about how this stuff works, but i imagine it must be possible to connect a bot to someone else's server and let it go off exploring. sorry i can't help, but i hope it works out for you.   :-)
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 03:43:28 PM »

thank you for your answer ...

i speak german :-)

KI is german sorry i mean AI (artificial intelligence) .
No the bot connect to an game and than explore the map and create his own to act faster.
I take a look in the source and i think everythink is there to write such a bot ... but if anybody has always done it i hope i could use it ;-) and a network-protokoll make it easier to know what the code does ...
no i don't mean a irc-bot ... a normal bot but he has to connect as a client and get only this informations and than he do something ...
i hope you understand me *s*

thanks noxin

Basically you want to have your AI scan the map, and then create its own aas in a more optimized fashion so the bots are tougher opponents, am I correct in that?

It is possible, but that would place a lot more CPU overhead onto the game and make the game sluggish for those on a low end system.  You could probably just re-code the bspc tool and achieve the same results.

noxin
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 01:53:12 PM »

mh to create a map is only one feature of that bot if it works i think to let he shoot and fight again real player ... i want at the end a bot like the game-bots in single-mod ... but at the begin i want that he connect to a server ...
MilesTeg
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 10:40:51 AM »

Hallo noxin

k

"We are all connected"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: