Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MOD Servers?  (Read 7089 times)
Shael Riley
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: April 23, 2007, 07:55:02 AM »

Hi!

I've been playing OA for a few weeks now, and I've recently installed some cool mods. Namely, Animal Arena and Western Quake 3. I cannot, however, seem to find any servers that host games with these mods applied, and I'd really like to play them multilayer.

Does no one host games of these mods, or am I just not searching for servers correctly? I can find OA games using the out-of-the-box (figuratively speaking) mods (1v1, DM, TDM, CTF, TOURNAMENT) with no trouble and play them regularly.
Keet
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic..."

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 07:42:05 PM »

Generally people don't often host total-conversion games (like Urban Terror--which has went standalone already, Western Quake 3, Afterward, True Combat, etc. etc.). The most common servers are usually normal servers that are often hosted with custom maps, or with small gameplay mods like Excessive or Freezetag.

Finding a server that hosts a total-conversion mod in OA is hard because people usually don't think about hosting servers with T-C mods, but if you ask around, someone might be willing to host a server for you.

Pronouns are evil!

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic... It sounds... like me!" ~~B.B. Hood

rudcrustage
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 09:19:40 AM »

check out my servers..

RAILS CTF
Urban Terror
Bid for Power
Super Heroes Arena

make sure you have automaticdownloading ON under game options

: P
Hieronymus
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 04:30:16 PM »

You cannot see the westernq3 servers in OpenArena. Check out http://bootblock.de/wq3/, write down the ip address and go multiplayer -> specify. Type in the ip address (and port) and connect.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: