Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tribes-esque flags  (Read 11172 times)
baconfish
« on: May 01, 2007, 08:36:29 PM »

Making this was alot easier than exporting it and getting it in the game, but here we goes.

I went ahead and added emblems to them. I didn't want to just throw a coloured piece of cloth up there so I thought red and blue... red and blue... fire and water. I'm going to redo the wave for sure because it's ass, and probably the flame because I have a better idea. And the side pieces too.

If you want it, take it. Of course, to use it you'll need to dick around with pak0.pk3 which means no playing on pure (read: most) servers without changing it back. The models and textures in /models/flags/ and the shader with the scripts folder.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 08:39:23 PM »

Of course, to use it you'll need to dick around with pak0.pk3 which means no playing on pure (read: most) servers without changing it back. The models and textures in /models/flags/ and the shader with the scripts folder.

Or you could give the pk3 a higher filename in the alphabet (i.e. zflag.pk3)

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
baconfish
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 08:50:09 PM »

What?! I fucking hate Quake Sad

More importantly... comments?
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 09:27:55 PM »

You could also just drop them in /baseoa/models/flags/ in your user data directory.

They might look better with a tcgen environment on the the interior portions of the circle.

MatiZ
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 01:21:24 PM »

Very nice flag model!!!!!!
Jeric Hikari
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Skeletal Geek

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 09:43:49 AM »

I like! ^_^

Defiantly very tribes-esque. However i'd try making the stand a little less 'chunky' and more metallic looking. Then again that might be personal preference talking.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: