Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Map : shed  (Read 14416 times)
hyp3rfocus
« on: September 04, 2007, 05:18:32 PM »

a small, gpl, industrial themed map. work in progress.

More info here.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 07:39:42 AM by hyp3rfocus » Logged
Kojiro_S
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

Har har har...

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 08:36:16 PM »

You need to be registered to access that link, it appears Tongue

*ROOOAAAR*
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 09:17:15 PM »

You need to be registered to access that link, it appears Tongue
It is fixed now, it was a forum permission issue.
This is the updated link
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 09:28:50 PM by w1zrd » Logged

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Sausage
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Ilaa

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 01:34:56 PM »

I've looked at the new screenshot on the Rainbow networks forums, and i like the look of this.
Dude, If i can map for you (I can only map at weekends, but i can map now...)
I love the texturing involved! and the lighting is just perfect.

Anyways, keep up the good work, i look forward to your bigger 'industrial' map.

- Sausage
hyp3rfocus
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 07:41:12 AM »

---update---

i've added a cave that i made in blender. the texturing and lighting aren't sorted yet, but the cave model seamlessly lines up with the rest of the map, which i am quite pleased about.
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 08:46:43 AM »

---update---

i've added a cave that i made in blender. the texturing and lighting aren't sorted yet, but the cave model seamlessly lines up with the rest of the map, which i am quite pleased about.
Looks great so far..I love the thought and idea behind it.

Sausage
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Ilaa

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 09:37:46 AM »

Just checked out some update screens. I'm still liking it. Cheesy

- Sausage
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 07:21:16 AM »

There are a couple of things that are detracting from the realism you are shooting for:

1.)  Your 'light switch' looks more like a garage-door opener due to its placement and is situated horizontally taking up more wall space than a garage-door opener would in any factory setting.  It should be situated vertically with the green button on top.  It may also be too large (I call it a garage-door opener because any light switch would have toggle switches and not buttons).

2.)  There isn't a single factory/warehouse (That I am aware of) that would pay for any form of tiling on a floor that would have heavy equipment driving over it constantly.  Forklifts can weigh anywhere from .25 to 2 tons with the added load of the cargo, any tiles would be crushed.

3.)  Your crates, how is a forklift going to pick those up?  You need some sort of palate (wooden skid) between each crate to allow that, and there is no way any worker could possibly hand stack those crates.

4.)  Your stairs and upper level need a railing, any work-place safety inspector would have a fit and close the place down instantly.

5.)  the cave entrance should have another garage door (this one open, obviously)

6.)  Your garage door has no guide-rails which would lead us to believe it opens on the other side of the wall with the open/close switch on this side something that wouldn't happen.

hyp3rfocus
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 08:00:41 AM »

nice feedback dmn_clown. i'll try and implement those.

thanks. Smiley
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 08:01:09 AM »

There are a couple of things that are detracting from the realism you are shooting for:

1.)  Your 'light switch' looks more like a garage-door opener due to its placement and is situated horizontally taking up more wall space than a garage-door opener would in any factory setting.  It should be situated vertically with the green button on top.  It may also be too large (I call it a garage-door opener because any light switch would have toggle switches and not buttons).

2.)  There isn't a single factory/warehouse (That I am aware of) that would pay for any form of tiling on a floor that would have heavy equipment driving over it constantly.  Forklifts can weigh anywhere from .25 to 2 tons with the added load of the cargo, any tiles would be crushed.

3.)  Your crates, how is a forklift going to pick those up?  You need some sort of palate (wooden skid) between each crate to allow that, and there is no way any worker could possibly hand stack those crates.

4.)  Your stairs and upper level need a railing, any work-place safety inspector would have a fit and close the place down instantly.

5.)  the cave entrance should have another garage door (this one open, obviously)

6.)  Your garage door has no guide-rails which would lead us to believe it opens on the other side of the wall with the open/close switch on this side something that wouldn't happen.
haha, that was for sure things that no-one else had thought of Smiley

Sausage
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Ilaa

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 09:42:37 AM »

I agree, this would certainately add to the realism, but.. couldnt it slightly ruin some of the gameplay? or you could make the place look run-down and closed, that'd be cool Smiley

[EDIT] i forgot what i was saying would ruin realism...   --this [My fake quote]Dmn_clown said"Your stairs and upper level need a railing."[/my fake quote] Lol.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 09:46:29 AM by Sausage » Logged

- Sausage
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 10:21:48 AM »

I agree, this would certainately add to the realism, but.. couldnt it slightly ruin some of the gameplay? or you could make the place look run-down and closed, that'd be cool Smiley

For that you'd need some of the crates collapsed into lower crates.

--this [My fake quote]Dmn_clown said"Your stairs and upper level need a railing."[/my fake quote] Lol.

One of my former jobs was warehouse lead/raw material inventory manager in a factory with managers (when I knew who my manager was...) that didn't seem to care about OSHA regulations and/or workplace safety and in an effort to bring them into compliance I spent a lot of time in learning OSHA requirements, that wasn't intended as a joke... but oh well... Wink

Sausage
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Ilaa

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 10:27:10 AM »

I didn't read it as a joke, but i'm just commenting in a friendly manner that it'd ruin gameplay to a degree that may be annoying. either way, I'd say it's a good suggestion if we are going for full realism.

also, it shows that you care for people when you learn't the OSHA Thingymabob.... Wink

- Sausage
baronofhell
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 01:11:53 PM »

Couldnt download, asks for uid/pass Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: