Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bases  (Read 19215 times)
***Roast Chicken***
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: May 22, 2007, 05:29:39 PM »

Hello All!

A quick question re the Bases level (CTF). How do you jump through the base windows on the left and right? I though it was teammates rocketing underneath a player to make them jump higher, but I've seen other players do it on their own..
OA - a class game, the perfect game length inbetween work tasks..
Also the space level of CTF (with the rail guns) - has that map been around for years, as I seem to remember playing a VR game with the same map in about 1989 in a VR place in Nottingham (UK)..weird...

rancid punx
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 02:16:11 PM »

to jump through the base windows you 'rocket jump' as you approach the window, then as you slide down the wall, move forward and your momentum takes you through

easy

p.s. you DO know how to rocket jump? !

i love playing on this map but i wish they would stick some extra health in somewhere!
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 06:02:16 PM »

the version that may be in 0.7 has 250 health points on each side and a quad in the center.  It also has balanced spawn points and deathmatch ability has been removed. 

(Expects mass disapproval, death threats, and petitions for being voted off the island)

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 01:39:44 AM »

deathmatch ability has been removed. 

I normally like giving people the choice, but bases3 in death match is just unbareable.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
ALucas
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 03:49:32 AM »

do people still spawn at enemy bases in CTF or is that fixed too?
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 02:18:23 PM »

Maybe... wait and see Smiley

rancid punx
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 02:58:30 PM »

do you know when its like 7 vs 2

and someone joins ...and makes it 8 vs 2 !?

anyway to stop that?

thought not....

bastards!
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 04:21:43 PM »

Yes for some reason people have a tendency to join the crowded team. I don't remember seeing it in the same extreme as in Open Arena. I mean it is common sense (and good manors) to join the less populated team.

The server can force balance but it is not that popular since people cannot all be on the same team.

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »

I dunno, 8-1 CTF matches are FUN!

Especially when I am the 1 and still have a 6-2 capture lead Cheesy

baconfish
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 07:29:27 AM »

anyway to stop that?

thought not....

bastards!

You have NO idea how much that pisses me off, regardless of how much I'll bitch at people for doing it. If there is any way to fix this problem it'd be through a server side mod, but you can count on admins to bother installing it just as much as you can count on them to not make the server pure or use an updated version of bases in the first place.
rancid punx
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 11:51:56 AM »

maybe if a map holds , say, 12 people

once a team has 6 members - anybody joining automatically gets assigned to the other side

i.e. they have no choice

ALucas
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 02:35:33 PM »

g_teamforcebalance is made for that (although the default code still allows a 2 player difference, and it doesn't rebalance when players leave)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 07:02:30 PM by ALucas » Logged
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 02:20:32 PM »

I believe it is also necessary to disallow voting or the balance setting will quickly be disabled.

It is only good that the game does not force team balance then players leave, it can be so annoying: If players come and go you can be forced to change team several times a match, completly destroying anything that looks like teamplay.

Balancing on new map and map restart is something else.

kick52

Cakes -1

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 06:49:36 AM »

Perhaps we could include a "Auto join" function on the "start" menu option which makes the player join the worst off side, which takes score and numbers into account.
lingenfr
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 11:39:42 AM »

That sounds like a good idea. I don't know how to tell if I am unbalancing the teams when I join.
kick52

Cakes -1

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2007, 12:25:19 PM »

That sounds like a good idea. I don't know how to tell if I am unbalancing the teams when I join.

i always look at the list before with tab.
msp
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 03:43:15 AM »

I don't think that idea would help, reality shows that even in CTF games with timelimit 10 many people come and go so if you start with balanced teams, it would take say 5 min until the balance disappears.... Sad really driving me mad sometimes, because most often it seems to be intentional ( People tend to join the team with the better score ) .

i think this is a map related issue as well, in Bases3 unbalanced teams are not that big problem as in cbctf1, in Bases3, if two team members play correctly, no one should be able to score, no matter how many ppl are in the other team.

Btw HI! OA is Great ! no other FPS would run on my Thinkpad, i love it !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: