Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to add characters  (Read 11348 times)
Hnic
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: May 24, 2007, 08:45:06 PM »

How do u add characters like Homer Simpson, or spiderman? Where do u find the downloads?

HNic
Kojiro_S
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

Har har har...

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 11:13:48 PM »

Most Quake 3 characters will work. Just download 'em from sites like Planet Quake and then put the .pk3 file inside the BASEOA folder. Your character should be available from the model select screen (OMG secret button).

EDIT: Forgot to add, even though they can be used, bot support will not work as intended, so I advise you to either just use the model yourself (or your human friends Tongue), or edit the bot files (if you know how).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 11:21:44 PM by Kojiro_S » Logged

*ROOOAAAR*
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 03:53:38 AM »

You only need to edit two files for any of the non-free bots to work: *_i.c and *_w.c.  When the missionpack part of the project gets underway and released you'll see why compatibility was broken (they'll have more distinct personalities in teamplay).  Smiley

hyp3rfocus
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 01:39:55 PM »

license problems aside, if the files where copied from an existing openarena character into a non-free bot, would that work?
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 02:25:29 PM »

You could do that too but it would get boring having the same bot.

TheMechanicalHand
Bigger member

Cakes -1

Birdo

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 10:07:05 AM »

Just Extrack the Pk.3 File into "baseoa" (some skins might not work cause most of them did not work for me)

And in this moment Seconds stop and I burst with clarity, A wealth of love and hate gone blank For I finally remember my fucking name!! What do you want! i breathe wind, the clarity is gone, and my pulse is faint!
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 05:41:34 AM »

You also need to be aware about what server you play on with customized skins. If the sure has the variable sv_pure 1 you might find it hard to connect to that server.

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: