Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hello a console question! -- g15 keyboard  (Read 7548 times)
DRagonRage
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: May 29, 2007, 04:01:00 AM »

i want to build a script whitch will display stats of the current game on the g15 keyboard lcd
and i was wondering if there is a way to get a "clean" pipe from the game because when i run the game in the console it out puts something like this:
Code:
.Net^7 almost dodged DRagonRage^7's rocket
DRagonRage^7 almost dodged Dying Princess[TR]^7's rocket
Dying Princess[TR]^7 was machinegunned by .Net^7
.Net^7 almost dodged Dying Princess[TR]^7's rocket
.Net^7 ate DRagonRage^7's rocket
Dying Princess[TR]^7 almost dodged DRagonRage^7's rocket
DRagonRage^7 was electrocuted by .Net^7
.Net^7 ate Dying Princess[TR]^7's rocket
.Net^7 was machinegunned by DRagonRage^7
.Net^7: ^2i must go
Dying Princess[TR]^7: ^2bye
.Net^7: ^2.really fun game princess :)
.Net^7: ^2bye
.Net^7 disconnected
Dying Princess[TR]^7: ^2yes :)
lion^7 connected
which is cool and i can make a Regex which will read and output it to my lcd but a cleaner console out put will be much faster
can anybody help me with that i will gladly post my finished script to the forums for more g15 users Tongue
allsow i don't see an ammo report's here which i will alsow will be glad to display on my keyboard Tongue:P
Cheesy
cheers!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 04:03:30 AM by DRagonRage » Logged
Epsilon
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 05:13:48 AM »

Try the following setting to cleanup the colour codes, i.e ^7 ^2  - seta ttycon_ansicolor "1" in your ~/.openarena/baseoa/q3config.cfg.  That should make the output easier to read by translating the colour codes into actual colour in the console text.

I'm not sure how to echo the current player stats, i.e. ammo/health, to the console though.  You might be able to bind a key, such as the attack button, to echo the current ammo and attack as well (command stacking) or something similar on button press (+button1) - attack, then release (-button1) - echo ammo count.

I think there's a command to echo player location so there should be something similar for ammo and other stats as well.  Although, I might be thinking of Nexiuz or UT that have those commands.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 05:25:56 AM by Epsilon » Logged
DRagonRage
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 05:17:11 AM »

thanks for the reply actually i was thinking more like may b you know if theres a log file of some kind for playr stats...
Epsilon
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 05:36:36 AM »

I don't think there's a file by default, maybe there's a debug option or something, I'm not sure.  You can dump the console text to a file but as far as I know there isn't one dedicated for player stats.

There is this file - ~/.openarena/baseoa/games.log - which contains some stats about weapon ammo + armor pickups but doesn't seem to contain any info about depleted/spent ammo.  It would be awkward in the extreme to tally up all the values parsed included who picked them up then subtracting a value every time the attack button is pressed.  I think the file records all item pickups but regardless of the player's name, essentially it's anonymous.

There's a command to show player weapon accuracy stats but I don't recall if there's a command specifically for reporting ammo count, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 05:44:32 AM by Epsilon » Logged
DRagonRage
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 06:12:34 AM »

ok thanks iil dig to this tommorow mean time ivegot jave learning to do (gwt is awsome!)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: