Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Server System Requirements  (Read 9031 times)
havan
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: June 01, 2007, 10:57:52 AM »

Hi, we are planning to open an OpenArena server for Pardus community. I would like to get help on sytsem requirements.

Requirements for reqular game is like;
These are the minimum:

* Pentium II 233MHz / AMD K6-2 300MHz or equally powerful processor
    * 64MB of system memory
    * OpenGL supported video card with 16MB of video memory. (Voodoo Banshee, TNT and up)
    * 50MB of hard drive space

How should we change these for a server? Say; maximum 32 players...

I believe an OpenGL card is not required for a dedicated server, am I right?
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 06:20:26 PM »

You don't even need a display for the dedicated server. Smiley

The more power you can throw into a server, the less likely it will lag.  I believe the minimum requirements are the same for the dedicated server, however.

THOR
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 10:01:03 PM »

Bottom line for a server a pc capable of running the game  vid card for a dedicated server is a no issue after setup a decent net connection as much ram as that rig allows assuming the rig posted probably can handle 256-512 mb without a bios Update. Depending on the OS Linux usually ignores bios settings and posts with whats there ram wise, microshaft on the other hand can  a little more difficult as older os'es only support 512 max before going haywire.

Lei we really should set up a server board here not telling you what to do by any means but as interest grows it may become necessary to have a topic board dedicated to it . Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: