Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ubuntu 7.04 beta and Open Arena  (Read 6504 times)
FragUPlenty
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: April 05, 2007, 11:19:25 PM »

Just installed ubuntu 7.04 on my laptop along with Open Arena,
laptop specs are as follows
1.5ghz pentium M
1gb DDR RAM
Intel 855gm integrated graphics
60gb hard-drive

what i found is that this is probably the best distro of Ubuntu ever. I highly advise anyone to check it out. Installation was painless and as for the performance of the integrated graphics, well, I can finally play Open Arena fine on my laptop. Also comes with compiz and all that preinstalled and the game will run fine with it running on my integrated graphics. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up incase someone was looking for a good distro of Linux.

Macintosh - we might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end.  ~Douglas Adams
MethodOne
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 05:14:53 PM »

Don't forget, it's in the official repository, starting with Feisty.  Make sure Universe is enabled in your sources.list, video card is configured for 3D acceleration (if you have NVIDIA or newer ATI cards), and enter the following command in the terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get install openarena
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 05:17:45 PM by MethodOne » Logged
sphere
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 09:00:41 PM »

Hi,
I cant found openarena on ubuntu repositories of universe.
How did you installed this game? Im a bit noob on this. I may appreciate some help.
sphere
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 05:35:07 AM »

No problem, i've solved it.
Now, i  have another question. Where i have to put the new maps i download?
I got suction.pk3 map (on this forum) and i located it on baseoa folder. It didnt worked for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: