Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Textures Missing.. Why ??  (Read 12188 times)
Robban_b4p
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: June 23, 2007, 04:19:22 AM »

Well I made a map quite long time ago.. But why does it look like this ..

THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD LOOK :

And this is what i get:

Robban_b4p
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 08:15:21 AM »

Which textures can I see are availible to use in OA ? Coz there's not much I guess :S ?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 08:28:48 AM by Robban_b4p » Logged
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 10:50:26 AM »

Gremlins!

Robban_b4p
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 11:47:15 AM »

What ?
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 02:45:23 PM »

Which textures can I see are availible to use in OA ? Coz there's not much I guess :S ?

There are 1400+ in teh latest SVN version (maybe a little less in 0.60)

only a few are made to replace the original Quake 3 textures...

Easiest way to find the textures that can be used is to setup Radiant to use the openArena textures directly.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 04:16:05 PM »

What ?

n/m.  All textures from q3a and q3ta have not been replaced yet.  They should all be replaced by 1.0 (according to the roadmap), maybe they will be replaced sooner but most of the contributers are focusing on models/maps/sound/qvms etc.

If you have the technical ability to create good textures and want to license your work under the GNU GPL perhaps you'd like to submit some and the work will be done sooner Smiley

Robban_b4p
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 04:39:11 PM »

Easiest way to find the textures that can be used is to setup Radiant to use the openArena textures directly.

And how do I do that ?

PS: That '' tutorial '' to show only OA textures didn't help me since i didn't find the q3.game FILE .. I found a FOLDER.. not a FILE..

Please help me . I want to do this Smiley

EDIT: My point is, that I want the Open Arena textures OLNY to showup in the Radiant , So i Know which textures I can use so I don't get those N1 Grey/white boxes -.- kthx

EDIT2: Im new into the 1.5.0 version of gtkr , I used the ooold 199 , and after i saved my work I used to do the BSP_FullVis..

Now , there are Several options to choose in the 1.5.0 under the '' Build " tab as you can see here:

Wich one should I choose to make a complete whatever it's called?

Please try to answer all my questions , thank you Smiley
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 04:45:12 PM by Robban_b4p » Logged
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 11:00:14 PM »

in the q3.game directory should be a baseq3 directory, a missionpack directory, a default build_build_menu.xml, and a game.xlink

in both of the above mentioned directories should be a default_shaderlist.txt and an entities.ent file

make a copy of the q3.game directory and rename it to oa.game

go into oa.game and rename baseq3 to baseoa

go into both baseoa and missionpack and replace both of the default_shaderlist.txt files with the attached default_shaderlist.txt file

start up gtkr

choose open arena from the drop down list and enter the path to the engine when it asks.

then after startup go to edit > preferences > paths and make sure that you have the correct path to the engine setup.

The build menu:

bsp is just the meta stage
vis is the vis stage
light is the light stage

All three should be used in a final map, though you may not want to use the default options, visit here: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Q3Map2 for the full list of command switches ) note our engine supports flares so be sure to add -flares to the bsp stage of the compile though it is out of date (the latest and probably last version is 2.5.17 and there are a few switches that aren't documented there).

Robban_b4p
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 10:36:33 AM »

I managed to pull soemthing out by help from several threads ;P Anyways thank you for your help dmn_clown.

Anyways, another question. I would like to make a bended brush .. Like a bridge.. U know what I mean if I say the Railgun '' bridge '' in Q3DM6 ? How do I do if I want to do like that ?
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 01:32:37 PM »

use a patch (shift + p in gtkr 1.5) then cap the bevel

CorteX
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 01:44:17 AM »

Gremlins!

lol
Pages: [1]