Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: New mod: Elimination (Beta21)/OA 0.7.7+  (Read 169825 times)
ufa
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2007, 02:14:01 PM »

Hello!!
You guys rock!!
Thanks for the excellent work!
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2007, 05:58:41 PM »

Beta 11 up. I have not copied anything from SVN since B10.

Patch partially applied. I don't agree with splitting G_Damage causing the same code to be in more places and therefore being harder to edit.
Fixed some bugs and fixed the bugs caused be fixing bugs.
No more defense bonus if you are the offensive team in Oneway CTF elimination.
Some bot changes. Bots can now coordinate in Double Domination.
Changed bot strategy in Oneway CTF. Although I the default strategy might actually be more effective.

I'm going back to the studies this Monday, so don't expect frequent updates after that.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2007, 06:48:05 AM »

I got bored and added nexuiz style rocket arena as a cvar (g_rockets 1)

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2007, 10:49:27 AM »

I'm currently merging Standard Domination into the svn version. Expect a beta 12 soon.

EDIT:

It is out.
There is a dom_test map included for the sole purpose to show that it works.
No personal scores and the bots only take points if they are convenient.
Domination Point A is used for standard domination points.
No UI

It should be possible to add Domination support to most DM maps.

I found a bug in Elimination that I have not fixed yet:
Then dead and player spectating the bar will always be your team color. I know why... because I created the bug to fix an even more serious bug (game play affecting) but I have not found a solution that does not create an even bugger bug.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 02:00:44 PM by sago007 » Logged

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2007, 05:36:22 PM »

Unless I am completely missing what you are doing with the ai, you aren't making a captured domination point an inventory item which is preventing giving each bot an individual weight for any domination point.  This also prevents making the bots on the blue team go after the red team's captured domination points, and vice versa which makes the ai kinda bad in domination.

For the fuzzy weights to work properly the captured domination points need to be an inventory item, though a non-existent inventory item that doesn't preclude picking up any other inventory item, obviously.

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »

Code:
code/game/g_team.c: In function 'Team_Dom_SpawnPoints':
code/game/g_team.c:697: warning: 'flag' may be used uninitialized in this function

Code:
code/game/g_team.c: In function 'Team_Dom_SpawnPoints':
code/game/g_team.c:697: warning: 'flag' may be used uninitialized in this function

and can you PLEASE start uploading monolithic diff files instead of uploading source, it makes applying your changes much easier.

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2007, 01:00:35 PM »

and can you PLEASE start uploading monolithic diff files instead of uploading source, it makes applying your changes much easier.

I will do.

Just one question:
Is patches supposed to be from last version or from original?

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2007, 01:25:11 PM »

Changes from your last version would be much easier to implement, also I should have the ui changes for domination done sometime this week.

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2007, 01:34:37 PM »

Changes from your last version would be much easier to implement, also I should have the ui changes for domination done sometime this week.

Ok

Sadly I don't think I'll have anything ready this week Sad

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2007, 09:04:37 AM »

Beta 13 is out. I have not done any bot coding as I had hoped I would, but fixed some bugs/features that really annoyed me. A single annoying bug is still there: round start time is not sent to remote players after map change.

A diff is included B12 -> B13

Changelog:
Fixed player bar color when spectating in Elimination/CTF Elimination (annoyed me for some time)
Lives are now showed in LMS instead of "*DEAD*" (not really that annoying but nice to know)
No shaking camera then hit in LMS, Elimination, CTF Elimination. It is mostly noticed in overtime in LMS. The feature remains in all other gametypes.
Prevent elimination warmup CVARs from taking bad values. (bug found by w1zrd)

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2007, 05:00:49 PM »

You have a bug in gt_lms that allows brushes, triggers, etc. marked to spawn only in team games to spawn in gt_lms.

I've attached a small map that demonstrates the bug.

Code:
/g_gametype 10
/devmap crap

then walk straight forward, the trigger push should only spawn in team based games.

The diff file is a fix for the bug.

(thanks for uploading the diff, btw)

w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2007, 10:14:18 AM »

We'll upload this with the latest changes shortly, it's always things that occurs in live-environments that never happens in testing.
Great job with the updates..

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2007, 05:20:10 PM »

Also you should port your code to the latest ioq3 rev as they've added some safe guards to the stack on non-x86, non mac platforms which will be a nice thing for the people using the BSD and Open Solaris ports of the game.

smartboyathome
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2007, 10:54:47 PM »

I love this mod! Great job! Only one problem:

(I am on Linux, btw) For whatever reason, I can only use this by putting the elimination.pk3 into my /baseoa (not /baseoa/Elimination B13/) which makes it so it isn't a mod but a part of openarena, and then when I do that, I can't use any of the extra maps provided. This means I can't use Double Domination or CTF Elimination. Please help.
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2007, 11:07:39 PM »

I can only use this by putting the elimination.pk3 into my /baseoa (not /baseoa/Elimination B13/)

EliminationB13 should be outside of baseoa, just unzip the mod in the openarena-0.7 folder

doveraudio
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2007, 11:15:32 PM »

forgot to mention this worked fine...
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2007, 10:22:31 AM »

I can't use any of the extra maps provided. This means I can't use Double Domination or CTF Elimination.

There are no extra maps included. CTF Elimination can be played on most CTF maps but must be started from console. There are currently no maps in OA that works well with Double Domination

PureLoneWolf
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2007, 04:00:22 PM »

Hi there

Is there a complete list of the g_gametype cvars for this mod and what map supports which?

The mod is great btw - I am using it to recreate a Rocket Arena server (without the multiple arenas per map) and elimination seems to fit the bill with the self/team damage off etc.

Cheers
Dave
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2007, 06:01:48 PM »

Is there a complete list of the g_gametype cvars for this mod and what map supports which?

I have added the gametype numbers to the wiki: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Gametype

About maps:
Elimination: All DM, CTF maps with enough team respawn points. (CBCTF1 does not have enough)
CTF Elimination: CTF maps with enough respawn points.
LMS: All DM maps

There are currently no maps in OA suited for Double Domination and Domination. Double Domination can be played on 13ctf2 from Quake III Arena but that is only because all the DM spawn points are placed near the center of the map.

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2007, 07:00:20 PM »

There are currently no maps in OA suited for Double Domination and Domination.

Domination also needs more work, you currently win a round without capturing all of the points.  See islanddm from the svn for testing.

<edit>
It also seems kinda silly to not use info_player_deathmatch spawn points in normal domination.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 10:19:10 PM by dmn_clown » Logged

PureLoneWolf
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2007, 02:07:02 AM »

I have added the gametype numbers to the wiki: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Gametype

Thanks, I didn't even think to look there as it is a mod, sorry about that.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2007, 04:13:26 AM »

It also seems kinda silly to not use info_player_deathmatch spawn points in normal domination.

That is a bug. I didn't notice until you said it, but it was supposed to be like that. I should have tested on a map with team spawn points.

PureLoneWolf
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2007, 04:42:23 AM »

Quick question again..

What does the g_rockets cvar do? (I tried searching the Wiki)

For what I need, the elimination gametype, 200 ammo for all weapons and no self/team damage seems to be doing enough, but I spotted that I currently have g_rockets set to 0 and wondered what impact this has.

**Edit**

I just spotted that it makes a Nexuis style RA...Having never played Nexuis, I still don't understand it - sorry....

Cheers

Dave
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 05:49:09 AM by PureLoneWolf » Logged
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2007, 12:53:05 AM »

Beta 13 is out. I have not done any bot coding as I had hoped I would, but fixed some bugs/features that really annoyed me. A single annoying bug is still there: round start time is not sent to remote players after map change.

Another bug in gt_lms, it is being initialized as a team game.  When single player is active it's a one line fix in G_InitGame of game/g_main.c

Code:
// make sure we have flags for CTF, etc
if( g_gametype.integer >= GT_TEAM && g_gametype.integer != GT_LMS ) {
G_CheckTeamItems();
}

This doesn't fix the fact that the game type doesn't leave the warmup stage, from games.log after a single player lms game:

Code:
  0:00 InitGame: \capturelimit\5\g_maxGameClients\0\sv_maxclients\3\timelimit\0\fraglimit\5\dmflags\0\sv_hostname\joe-mama\sv_minRate\0\sv_maxRate\0\sv_minPing\0\sv_maxPing\0\sv_floodProtect\1\g_redTeam\Pagans\g_blueTeam\Scumm\elimination_roundtime\120\elimination_ctf_oneway\0\g_lms_mode\0\version\OpenArena 1.35+oa_SVN1220M linux-x86_64 Nov 29 2007\g_gametype\10\protocol\68\mapname\oa_rpg3dm2\sv_privateClients\0\sv_allowDownload\0\gamename\baseoa\g_needpass\0\g_obeliskRespawnDelay\10\g_enableDust\0\g_enableBreath\0\g_rockets\0\g_instantgib\0
  0:00 Warmup:
  0:00 ClientConnect: 0
  0:00 ClientUserinfoChanged: 0 n\^2CH3470R\t\0\model\gargoyle/tech\hmodel\gargoyle/tech\c1\4\c2\5\hc\70\w\0\l\0\skill\    2.00\tt\0\tl\0
  0:00 ClientConnect: 1
  0:00 ClientUserinfoChanged: 1 n\^4Joe\t\0\model\tony\hmodel\tony\c1\4\c2\5\hc\70\w\0\l\0\skill\    2.00\tt\0\tl\0
  0:00 ClientConnect: 2
  0:00 ClientUserinfoChanged: 2 n\^3Your^7_^2Mother\t\0\model\assassin\hmodel\assassin\g_redteam\\g_blueteam\\c1\2\c2\2\hc\100\w\0\l\0\tt\0\tl\0
  0:00 ClientUserinfoChanged: 2 n\^3Your^7_^2Mother\t\0\model\assassin\hmodel\assassin\g_redteam\Pagans\g_blueteam\Scumm\c1\2\c2\2\hc\100\w\0\l\0\tt\0\tl\0
  0:00 ClientUserinfoChanged: 2 n\^3Your^7_^2Mother\t\0\model\assassin\hmodel\assassin\g_redteam\Pagans\g_blueteam\Scumm\c1\2\c2\2\hc\100\w\0\l\0\tt\0\tl\0
  0:00 ClientBegin: 2
  0:00 ClientBegin: 0
  0:01 ClientBegin: 1
  0:19 Kill: 1 0 6: ^4Joe killed ^2CH3470R by MOD_ROCKET
  0:20 Kill: 2 1 8: ^3Your^7_^2Mother killed ^4Joe by MOD_PLASMA
  0:22 ShutdownGame:
  0:22 ------------------------------------------------------------

Basically the lms warmup kills g_warmup which is set in the skirmish menu of the missionpack, there are two ways to fix this: remove the lms warmup or set g_warmup to 0 in the skirmish menu for lms (the easy way out, not sure how attached people are to the warmup period).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 02:34:45 AM by dmn_clown » Logged

PureLoneWolf
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2007, 07:01:50 AM »

Hopefully my last question....

Still hoping someone can define to me what g_rockets does...but is there a way to disable falling damage too?

Cheers - Should stop bugging you all now...Servers are running sweet, just trying to clear some things up in my mind..

Ta
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: