Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Public servers, next OA release  (Read 12709 times)
baconfish
« on: July 02, 2007, 06:10:39 PM »

I would think people around here are a little excited about the upcoming new release of OA. What about server administrators? Of the ~37 public servers out there, how many administrators are actually aware of the release date and will update the servers in time? Or worse, how many are pure servers?
Smithamax
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 07:49:50 AM »

well i know i will be updating my server as soon as the new ver comes out
as for pure i cant see that this is worse, i have had my server pure, iv just changed it but it doesn't change the overall quality of a server much 'woohoo you can use player models'

w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 11:12:03 AM »

I'll be updating my servers as well and I do hope that I finally get a solution for some missing textures and annoying sounds Smiley

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 11:15:42 AM »

Perhaps during release, give a few days of the server running sv_pure 0 to help people transition to the newer version better?

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 12:13:11 PM »

I'll take my server down Friday, so it wont be just another old server.

I'm going on vacation, so I cannot update it for two weeks

There are nothing offending in my posts.
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 01:02:10 PM »

I'll be updating my servers as well and I do hope that I finally get a solution for some missing textures and annoying sounds Smiley

If you are talking about the openal default sound beep, that won't be a problem I applied a temporary fix to the source and recompiled the gnu/linux binaries and am working on getting mingw32 to cooperate with me to get the windows binaries compiled with said fix. 

If you are talking about existing sounds being annoying... I can't help you there ;-p

Also if new servers run non-pure, people will get kicked off with map mismatches, so there may be some complaints about that...

Smithamax
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 07:45:44 AM »

Perhaps during release, give a few days of the server running sv_pure 0 to help people transition to the newer version better?

yeah sounds good as long as there are no conflicts between old and new stuff, maps always get version checked don't they? I cant think of anything else that would course conflict so should be fine

w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 07:49:15 AM »

If you are talking about the openal default sound beep, that won't be a problem I applied a temporary fix to the source and recompiled the gnu/linux binaries and am working on getting mingw32 to cooperate with me to get the windows binaries compiled with said fix. 
Nice, that sound really drives me mad after a few minutes (read: seconds) Smiley
Also if new servers run non-pure, people will get kicked off with map mismatches, so there may be some complaints about that...
I'm running my servers as  sv_pure 1, but still I get about 10-30 people/day getting kicked off, especially at map changes. However, if they already have the map, then they suffer less chance of getting kicked. Also it seems like some people have problems downloading the maps, some of them need to reconnect several times before the download starts. Once it starts, then it goes with about 1mb/s. Any ideas about this or do I start a new thread?

[edit: Downloading 0.7 now and hopefully that will solve some issues]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 09:49:14 AM by w1zrd » Logged

w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 10:34:51 AM »

*RAINBOW DM|0.7.0* is up and running on 0.7 (without any mods)
*RAINBOW RAILS|0.7* is up and running CorkScrew and
*RAINBOW EX+|0.7* is up and running excessive+, with custom config
,please report any problems, should they occur.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 01:30:50 PM by w1zrd » Logged

Smithamax
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 05:57:02 PM »

finally got my .7 server up no bots and no mappack maps, there are enough new maps in this release for the time being that i don't think anyone will get board

Redshirt
Darwin Award: Posting warez on Free Software forums while also running a certain very license-and-copyright infringing "GPL" game.
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 06:35:49 PM »

++Beer Garden++ is updated to 0.7.0 now..

Same Rotation + all the new maps

FragUPlenty
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 06:38:26 PM »

sweet, I love Beergarden.

Macintosh - we might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end.  ~Douglas Adams
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 07:30:48 PM »

++Beer Garden++ is updated to 0.7.0 now..

Same Rotation + all the new maps

I get a baseoa->baseq3 version mismatch when I try to join your instaUnlagged server.  0.7 Clients will need the qvms to join.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: