Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mingw32 cross-compile help  (Read 8269 times)
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« on: July 04, 2007, 06:38:24 AM »

Code:
build/release-mingw32-x86/client/snd_codec_ogg.o:snd_codec_ogg.c:(.text+0x1de): undefined reference to `_ov_open_callbacks'
build/release-mingw32-x86/client/snd_codec_ogg.o:snd_codec_ogg.c:(.text+0x1f2): undefined reference to `_ov_seekable'
build/release-mingw32-x86/client/snd_codec_ogg.o:snd_codec_ogg.c:(.text+0x202): undefined reference to `_ov_streams'
build/release-mingw32-x86/client/snd_codec_ogg.o:snd_codec_ogg.c:(.text+0x212): undefined reference to `_ov_info'
build/release-mingw32-x86/client/snd_codec_ogg.o:snd_codec_ogg.c:(.text+0x225): undefined reference to `_ov_pcm_total'
build/release-mingw32-x86/client/snd_codec_ogg.o:snd_codec_ogg.c:(.text+0x267): undefined reference to `_ov_clear'
build/release-mingw32-x86/client/snd_codec_ogg.o:snd_codec_ogg.c:(.text+0x29d): undefined reference to `_ov_clear'
build/release-mingw32-x86/client/snd_codec_ogg.o:snd_codec_ogg.c:(.text+0x309): undefined reference to `_ov_read'

OK, so which header files am I missing here?  I have both the ogg and vorbis headers in my mingw32 setup but the compile is constantly b0rking on the ogg codec, basically what dependencies are missing from a standard mingw32 install? 

MalloC
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 06:56:45 AM »

Hmm, just a question, and due sue me for not knowing *nix that good, but why not just grep for the string _ov_open_callbacks in the headers and then cross references with the source to see which ones are left out.

You probably know how to, but if my memory serves me correct it will be something in the line of:
grep -i _ov_open_callbacks *.h

Might have to put a ' on the sides of _ov_open_callbacks.

Then again I might be completely wrong. In any case just a thought Smiley

Kind regards,
  MalloC
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 09:20:42 AM »

nope, that didn't help.

MalloC
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 09:43:46 AM »

Hmm, could it be that the function for some reason or the other is defined in a source file?

You could try and grep for it in *.c.  Although this is possible, it would just mean that you will need to re-declare it in each .c file you want to use it.

Have a look in the file where the actual function resides (just a hunch). If it is declared there as well, then it would not be declared in a .h file, cause that would throw up errors that it has been declared twice.

Kind regards,
  MalloC

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 10:13:25 AM »

Heh, the problem was in the object code, not the header.  Got it to build by rebuilding libvorbis in mingw32.

Also noticed that the applied sound fix didn't fix the beep in the exe so I changed the default sound in snd_dma.c to match snd_openal.c it runs fairly well in wine (the only way I have to test).

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 03:01:52 PM »

OA mingw32 dependency list:

•   libvorbis
  •   libogg
  •   sdl (included in code/SDL12)
  •   OpenAL (included in code/AL)
  •   curl  (included in code/libcurl)
  •   a Recent version of the GL headers from Mesa3D*

*GL headers available from libsdl.org do not define two of the GL extensions used in ioq3 revs >= 1176

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: