Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Reported errors/bugs/flaws in 0.7.0  (Read 88436 times)
Redshirt
Darwin Award: Posting warez on Free Software forums while also running a certain very license-and-copyright infringing "GPL" game.
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2007, 04:25:08 AM »

Old bug also exists in 0.7:
- Game stucks very often, when new players join the game

cg_deferPlayers "1" 

will get rid of the lag when a bot or new player joins.

Fitacus
Lesser Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2007, 07:26:39 AM »

I just have seen that this activated in my config. So no change.

"The things you own, they end up owning you."
anyone
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

I may weep openly

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2007, 08:46:23 AM »

(when the player is drowning, you can hear both drowning and normal pain sounds...)
(when there's no more ammo in the gun, some weapon waits that blank shoot to be shot before auto swapping weapon)

I'll wear my badge, a vinyl sticker with big block letters adherent to my chest, tells to all your friends: "I am a visitor here, I am not permanent"
(The postal service "district sleeps alone tonight")
Promoted Mapper of the Century by some CPMA mid/high experienced player (luvyoalot, man)
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2007, 07:54:06 AM »

(when there's no more ammo in the gun, some weapon waits that blank shoot to be shot before auto swapping weapon)

I think this one is normal, that's why if you manage yourself your ammo and change weapon when it's needed you're rewarded by a little time bonus.
anyone
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

I may weep openly

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2007, 08:19:22 AM »

I think this one is normal, that's why if you manage yourself your ammo and change weapon when it's needed you're rewarded by a little time bonus.
I wasn't aware about that (but it's somehow very disturbing with lightning bolt :/ -- to me)

I'll wear my badge, a vinyl sticker with big block letters adherent to my chest, tells to all your friends: "I am a visitor here, I am not permanent"
(The postal service "district sleeps alone tonight")
Promoted Mapper of the Century by some CPMA mid/high experienced player (luvyoalot, man)
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2007, 02:38:09 PM »

Sometimes it occurs while running about with rocket launcher without shooting, that the gauntlet sounds occurs for about .2 seconds. Has happened a few times and I cannot determine why/how. Another thing that I've noticed, but this is only while playing on excessive servers as far as I'm aware, is that when you fall in lava, drown or simply die, then you can use the gauntlet for about 1 second, even though you are dead Smiley

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Kylratix
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2007, 03:16:27 PM »

another small map bug: you can walk on the floor of suspended Smiley (i.e. you don't die when you jump off the platform)

I will be taking advantage of this one from now on! Wink

-- Roy 'Kylratix' Laurie
http://www.binarycult.com
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2007, 04:28:29 PM »

heh... its already fixed and will be included in the patch.

ALucas
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2007, 05:48:48 PM »

small map bug: oa_bases3's lava pits don't have the nodrop flag set, so flags don't respawn when someone carrying one of them dies in the lava
how about this one? should be a quick fix too and would be nice to have in the patch Smiley
thumper
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2007, 09:08:03 PM »

""" "Invalid game folder","""

same shit for me... I have a fresh install of new 0.7 and i can't play half the multiplayer servers because it says INVALID FOLDER..., and its stops trying to login , then i hit reconnect, and it tries to downlaod files for the baseOA folder, WHICH ARE ALREADY IN THERE!!  even after i let it download them all (at 8k slow... it still says invalid folder ... it's starting to piss me off.

Kojiro_S
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

Har har har...

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2007, 10:23:02 PM »

""" "Invalid game folder","""

same shit for me... I have a fresh install of new 0.7 and i can't play half the multiplayer servers because it says INVALID FOLDER..., and its stops trying to login , then i hit reconnect, and it tries to downlaod files for the baseOA folder, WHICH ARE ALREADY IN THERE!!  even after i let it download them all (at 8k slow... it still says invalid folder ... it's starting to piss me off.

Then stop trying to connect to 0.6.0 servers.

*ROOOAAAR*
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2007, 11:38:18 PM »

Then stop trying to connect to 0.6.0 servers.

and tell those server admins to update.

Joshgt2
Nub

Cakes 0

Shoop Me!

« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2007, 03:34:14 PM »

Don't know if this should be said or not since it is kind of cool, but while using the grappling hook (by using the "/give grappling hook" command) you are able to grab onto things and while holding onto them you can switch weapons and fire any weapon you want while still being connected to whatever you grappled to. If you want to disconnect yourself then you simply switch back to the Grappling Hook and click the fire button. I was also able to find that you are able to attach onto other people and stay at their location even if they move and do the same thing like I said before being able to stay in some spot while shooting another weapon. I find this to be really cool and even effective at some points but I thought I would just let you guys know.

~Joshgt2

jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2007, 03:25:21 AM »

2 questions about the "patch":
1) it will affect baseoa only or we'll need to recompile?
2) still no idea on when it will be ready, right?

just to manage my time for the mac version.... ;-)
Fitacus
Lesser Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2007, 05:04:40 AM »

Maybe I don't listen properly but when three frags left the male voice sounds like two frags left... o.O

"The things you own, they end up owning you."
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2007, 08:25:42 AM »

Its just a new pk3 there should be no reason to recompile anything.

jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2007, 02:26:51 AM »

Its just a new pk3 there should be no reason to recompile anything.
great. :-)
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2007, 06:44:02 AM »

Installed 0.7 just minutes after the link got posted, started playing - everything worked like a charm (almost). Then it seems, some weeks later, that strange texture problems start to appear on certain custom maps, a problem I ignored as they are in fact that, custom.

They had been working fine in both 0.6 and early days of 0.7 though. But then on dm4ish (standard) there was textures missing on the floor, the walls and certain lights so I thought that I'll re-install OA, which I did 3 days ago. Reason was that there was tons of texture problems (probably because I messed about trying to fix the missing ones Smiley) Then I had a look on dm4ish after the re-install and there were still some missing textures on the lights in the main room and on oa_shouse there was also some missing textures (see screenshot). Even SOME of the ammo-packs are missing textures sometimes and then on the custom maps, I get the textures sometimes, sometimes not Smiley Usually a restart of the client gives a higher success rate of getting proper textures Smiley

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2007, 03:55:08 PM »

Installed 0.7 just minutes after the link got posted, started playing - everything worked like a charm (almost). Then it seems, some weeks later, that strange texture problems start to appear on certain custom maps, a problem I ignored as they are in fact that, custom.

They had been working fine in both 0.6 and early days of 0.7 though. But then on dm4ish (standard) there was textures missing on the floor, the walls and certain lights so I thought that I'll re-install OA, which I did 3 days ago. Reason was that there was tons of texture problems (probably because I messed about trying to fix the missing ones Smiley) Then I had a look on dm4ish after the re-install and there were still some missing textures on the lights in the main room and on oa_shouse there was also some missing textures (see screenshot). Even SOME of the ammo-packs are missing textures sometimes and then on the custom maps, I get the textures sometimes, sometimes not Smiley Usually a restart of the client gives a higher success rate of getting proper textures Smiley

Its a problem caused by adding certain pk3 files that have conflicting shaders.

w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2007, 07:42:18 PM »

Its a problem caused by adding certain pk3 files that have conflicting shaders.
Easy as that then, bug solved Smiley
thnx

w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2007, 12:50:30 AM »

funny stuff, set /model sarge(any) and /headmodel angelyss(any), find a mirror and have a good laugh Smiley

BEETLEGEUZE! BEETLEGEUZE! BEETLEGEUZE!

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2007, 12:03:31 PM »

Here's a release candidate for the patch

http://openarena.ws/rel/071/oa071-patch-rc1.zip

please note it's a release candidate, not a release, so don't spread this like wildfire thanks (because we don't need compatibility problems with the final patch from random people who got the rc patch)

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
rancid punx
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2007, 02:04:45 PM »

Here's a release candidate for the patch

http://openarena.ws/rel/071/oa071-patch-rc1.zip

please note it's a release candidate, not a release, so don't spread this like wildfire thanks (because we don't need compatibility problems with the final patch from random people who got the rc patch)

ummm can u explain what this thing is for? :/
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2007, 02:36:18 PM »

I thought it was quite obvious.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2007, 02:57:03 PM »

Its for people that want to test things to make sure they work, rancid.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: