Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help: People stuck in Awaiting Gamestate.  (Read 13853 times)
Cohsty243
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: July 10, 2007, 06:41:12 PM »

Alright i go to multiplayer then create game then set it to non pure-server and disabled punkbuster. and set it to dedicated: internet.
Then i port forwarded 27960-27965. Then when people connect they just get stuck in Awaiting Gamestate.
My firewall is also set to allow OpenArena.exe of all ports. I use COMODO FireWall. So I don't have a clue what is going on lol.
<< ME >>
i claim to be leilol and i think every forum is a public and free speech venue

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 07:13:40 PM »

hey, i think that u should verify your IP Address, i had the same problem, but like Czestmyre told me, do this..

first can you join to your own game?? if not try this:
go Multiplayer > Specify >  Address > 127.0.0.1 and port 27960
u should join with no problem.

then, when the server is loading the map, it shows you the IP address. that's the one.
(i did the same thing, and i did use the address in the loading picture in other PC and it works)

now, if you are using a DSL router you must verify if it has only one ID, because, in my oppinion it's not going to work if it has two and you have not already configure it.

"uh.. FREE SPEECH?? does it make any sense to you??
Deleting posts and locking topics is just the same as banning"
Cohsty243
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 10:09:46 PM »

lol, it just randomly decided to work. weird.
Joshgt2
Nub

Cakes 0

Shoop Me!

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 03:22:00 PM »

I still don't understand this. So if I want to make an online game that I want 2 of my other friends to come into, I make the game through the online thingy and, while the game is loading, then look for an IP address to give to my friends? Why can't I simply give my friends my IP and port number for them to get in with?

<< ME >>

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 04:00:23 PM »

Why can't I simply give my friends my IP and port number for them to get in with?

Of course you can, but just for his knowledge if you have a DSL (simple or double) it's gonna create a double IP just as a protection, or it depends of your internet company..

that was happening to me.. Grin

Joshgt2
Nub

Cakes 0

Shoop Me!

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 04:03:34 PM »

I found out my exact IP address and made a game. I played for about 5 or so minutes and gave him my IP including the port number and it just kept saying something like "Awaiting To Connect" over and over with the number going up... Is it just the fact that you have to get to a certain number or is this completely wrong still... This is too confusing for me, lol

<< ME >>

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 04:12:44 PM »

ok, if you tell me step by step what did you do I can help you a little... I really don't know very very well about this but, your computer's IP is one, and I saw, ports in OA differents between the distance, (ex. some server's port is 29760, another 27960, etc.) tell me more and I'll help you..

Joshgt2
Nub

Cakes 0

Shoop Me!

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 04:36:36 PM »

First thing I did was found out what my IP address and my port number was. I got that by going to the direct connect in LimeWire becuase it was the first thing I thought of. I then went on making the game with simply me in with with I think 5 open player slots so people could join. I walked around for awhile (about 5 minutes), then told my friend my IP address and the port number that I got from LimeWire. He typed it in exactly as I said it and it just kept "loading" like I said before. You got me thinking though that maybe the number I got from LimeWire, being the port number, is wrong or something. Maybe he shouldn't have changed the port number. This is where I am stuck at. I now have "My IP" on my Google homepage that shows me my IP address so I know that part is right. I think I am getting messed up on the port part now...

<< ME >>

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 04:47:58 PM »

ok, good, as i told you the ports can be different, your pal should verify the port number.. and to be sure, go to http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=openarena and look out for your server, it's easy if your friend search it on the multiplayer list when you ask him to join up... and go to http://whatsmyip.org/ just to verify your IP and ports.

w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 02:29:51 AM »

I experienced the same kind of problem when trying to enter one of my own servers. The reason was quite simple, I had made duplicated entries of certain variables in the configuration files. By deleting the duplicated entries in the corresponding .cfg and also in q3config.cfg (in my case I threw the whole .cfg) everything worked as it should again.

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

libervisco
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 12:59:40 PM »

I have the same issue, but I can't even connect to my own server. It says "awaiting challenge" and keeps counting.

I'm also not the only one with this issue. Guys who are supposed to host the OpenArena server for the tournament have it too.. What's the deal here?

It doesn't seem to be a firewall issue, but it just wont work.
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 11:43:30 PM »

this is really old :/

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
Pages: [1]