Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Console on MAC  (Read 8686 times)
pullox
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: July 23, 2007, 02:38:28 AM »

Hi, thank you very much for the Game! Good Job!

The Games is running very good on my Apple but i just can't find the Console or a *cfg file to edit some special things I need. Anyone can Help me?

Greets,
Pullox
Kwiter
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 03:02:17 PM »

Hit the tilde ~ key to open the console. Tho I'm confused as to what to type in there, I get an error each time I try to input a Quake 3 code in there and it says on my local machien cheats not enabled on this server.

anyone
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

I may weep openly

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 03:08:35 PM »

It says on my local machien cheats not enabled on this server.
I think you may find useful informations here ^^

I'll wear my badge, a vinyl sticker with big block letters adherent to my chest, tells to all your friends: "I am a visitor here, I am not permanent"
(The postal service "district sleeps alone tonight")
Promoted Mapper of the Century by some CPMA mid/high experienced player (luvyoalot, man)
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 02:02:53 AM »

you're right: on some keyboard configurations (like, for example, the "italian" one, wich i'm using...) you can't use the console immediately.
To access it open the file /Users/youruser/Library/Application Support/OpenArena/baseoa/q3config.cfg with a text editor (TextEdit will be fine), search for "toggleconsole" and change the "binded" key, then save.
For example i have
Code:
bind < "toggleconsole"
, so i can access to the console with the key "<". If you want to access to the console with the "c" key you'll have
Code:
bind c "toggleconsole"
and so on...

also, remember that on os x (i'm not sure on windows and linux...) you need to be in a map to open the console (you can't open it while in the menu. or, if you can, i don't know how to do it).
pullox
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 02:16:20 AM »

ahh, thanx jack. thats what i was searching for :-)
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 02:56:54 AM »

you're welcome ;-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: