Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: game crashes when launching?  (Read 5439 times)
pure
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: July 30, 2007, 11:13:06 AM »

So, i just heard about this game from my friend, so i found a download link for the game.
i downloaded version 0.70(or what ever) and unzipped that. (didnt find a installer or anything).
So, i tried to open the game. (i suppose its the openarena.exe), and then the blue screen came(loads some things dunno), and then it started to launch the game. there just comes a white screen with my windows cursor, and it crashes.

any tips how to fix this?

game uses opengl i suppose?
i have all the new drivers, and i can play cs with opengl mode, so i suppose that this isnt the problem?
any tips?
would love to test the game Smiley

*EDIT* btw, i use windows.(i did read some posts, and focused that many ppl use linux etc too.) and yes, i downloaded the version for windows.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 11:15:56 AM by pure » Logged
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 02:42:55 PM »

Sunspots.  In other words, without a proper error message it is just a guessing game.

Joshgt2
Nub

Cakes 0

Shoop Me!

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 04:25:36 PM »

Well for me. There is a white screen that comes up when you first start the game and then it moves onto the Open Arena logo kind of thing then the menu. I know when I first started Open Arena for the first time, it took a long time to load for me. Maybe you didn't give it enough time or something. I don't know if this is it but I am telling you what my experience was with it the first time I used it. I have never had Open Arena crash on me though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: