Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Diff File Problem  (Read 12703 times)
Kylratix
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: July 14, 2007, 09:46:58 PM »

Is it just me, or is this wrong;

===================================================================
--- cl_main.c   (revision 1107)
+++ cl_main.c   (working copy)
@@ -3622,9 +3622,9 @@
       case 'W':
          sum += ch;
          continue;
-      default:*/
-         return qtrue;
-      
+      default:
+         return qfalse;
+      }
    }

sprintf(chs, "%02x", sum);
@@ -3636,8 +3636,8 @@
    if (!checksum) {
       return qtrue;
    }
-
-   return qfalse;
+*/
+   return qtrue;
 }
Index: qcommon/files.c
===================================================================

-- Roy 'Kylratix' Laurie
http://www.binarycult.com
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 12:38:48 AM »

no, it's wrong:
Code:
@@ -3582,7 +3582,7 @@
 =================
 */
 qboolean CL_CDKeyValidate( const char *key, const char *checksum ) {
- char ch;
+/* char ch;
  byte sum;
  char chs[3];
  int i, len;
@@ -3636,8 +3636,8 @@
  if (!checksum) {
  return qtrue;
  }
-
- return qfalse;
+*/
+ return qtrue;
 }

it will get updated soon.

beast
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 05:58:26 AM »

I'm trying to find the diff file and it doesn't appear to be at the location specified in the Wiki. Any ideas? I have the io source compiling, now I just need the OA changes.

I've already guessed on a lot of it... Change the name to OpenArena everywhere that you can find in the source, remove the key check and return the correct response, stuff like that... I just want to get any other changes in that need to be there...

Thanks...
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 10:37:24 AM »

That's because the wiki hasn't been updated.

0.7.0 engine changes but you'll also need to apply the bloom patch.

or you can try the experimental branch which will probably be the 0.8 binary (includes bloom and raises the minimum RAM from 64 M to 128 M).

beast
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 12:56:09 PM »

Thanks. Now I feel pretty stupid. I was looking right at the file and didn't see it there... doh!

You mentioned that I would need to make the 0.7.0 changes and also the bloom changes. I am assuming from that statement that the 0.7.0 release does not include bloom. Is that correct?

Also, if I forego that and just work with the experimental, is that the preferred way at this point?

And lastly, is there anything in particular that needs another dev person on right now?

Thanks...
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 05:49:33 PM »

Is that correct?

No.

Also, if I forego that and just work with the experimental, is that the preferred way at this point?

Probably, it depends on how many people complain about the increased requirements.  Right now situation normal (read: if someone is having a problem they are keeping their mouths shut about it and expecting us to fix it without knowing about the problem  *shrugs*)

And lastly, is there anything in particular that needs another dev person on right now?

The mod has some bugs: 

1.)  instagib firing rate is not configurable
2.)  no knockback in instagib
3.)  the ui has numerous bugs
4.)  can't call lms, or ctf elimination as separate game types in arenas.txt
5.)  the missionpack menu isn't calling game type 10 for lms
6.)  botlib has no mention of the new game types

beast
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 08:33:35 PM »

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the experimental bz file and the makefile has a couple of problems when I compile in Windows with mingw32. First, the older makefile used to have:

ifndef USE_CODEC_VORBIS
USE_CODEC_VORBIS 0
endif

It now defaults to 1. This causes the compiler to try to compile the code in client/snd_codec_ogg.c. This file will not compile because I am missing some files for ogg. (Any idea where I get those?) I changed the def back to 0 so I could continue compiling and then it failed when it tried to use the define WINDRES in the makefile. This is set to /home/justme/mingw32/bin/mingw32-windres. I looked in my mingw32 install path and could not find mingw32-windres at all. (I was going to change the path to where it is located on my machine).

Any ideas on this? (I'm also on the IRC channel if anyone happens to be able to help...

Thanks...
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 09:19:24 PM »

Google it

then

Google some more

beast
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 12:19:11 AM »

Thanks.... I googled quite a bit and found a little help, but not enough to get the source to compile with ogg vorbis. So, for now, I reverted my makefile back to not including it and everything compiles and links fine. I'll keep trying... 

I've been doing this on one of my Windows machines, so I will try it on one of my Linux boxes and see if I get any different results.

Thanks again...
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 04:51:31 AM »

Without Vorbis you won't have music.

beast
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 12:39:42 AM »

The mod has some bugs: 

1.)  instagib firing rate is not configurable
2.)  no knockback in instagib
3.)  the ui has numerous bugs
5.)  the missionpack menu isn't calling game type 10 for lms
6.)  botlib has no mention of the new game types

Is there any place to look for a list of known/open bugs? (Any sort of bug tracker running?)

I could start looking into some of the UI issues (I posted fixes for 2 that I noticed in other posts). Or I can look into any of the items that you list. Which item(s) is(are) the highest priority and do not currently have anyone looking into them...

Sorry for so many questions, but I am willing to help out and would like to jump right in and contribute.

Thanks...
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 04:09:40 PM »

Ups, it was me who removed that possibility (you had included it). I just didn't think there was any need for separate maps for those gametypes. That they all custom maps will appear.

The code is just commented out, it is in ui_startserver.c lines 136-174.

I only gave Elimination its own map-type because it could be usefull. In Standard Elimination teams change sides each round, so some extremely unbalanced maps might only be usefull in that gametype.

By the way, I finally found the reason missionpack crashed in Elim, CTF Elim and LMS, I hope to put a new version up tomorrow.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 07:38:30 PM »

Thanks.... I googled quite a bit and found a little help, but not enough to get the source to compile with ogg vorbis. So, for now, I reverted my makefile back to not including it and everything compiles and links fine. I'll keep trying... 

You'll need the ogg + vorbis headers and the dll's.

I just didn't think there was any need for separate maps for those gametypes.

I think it is better to leave the choice up to the mapper/server admin rather than making it arbitrary.  Also the missionpack crashed on me because I had forgotten to change my model from dmo to sergei at the name change (the Default is James which doesn't exist yet granted it shouldn't crash at all, it should just flash an error message about "model not found" or something like that and drop back to menu).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: