Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rail gun training....  (Read 14340 times)
<< ME >>
i claim to be leilol and i think every forum is a public and free speech venue

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« on: August 10, 2007, 11:45:50 PM »

hey.. Grin

hi all..

well, I was thinking in a new kind of training map..
A map for training the rail gun, or, training shooting.. I guess its something very useful..

Im sad cause I would like to made it by myself, but I am not a map designer or something like that...
Hope someone can develop this map.. I guess is a good idea..

thx..!!!  << ME >>

"uh.. FREE SPEECH?? does it make any sense to you??
Deleting posts and locking topics is just the same as banning"
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 12:04:50 AM »

hey.. Grin

hi all..

well, I was thinking in a new kind of training map..
A map for training the rail gun, or, training shooting.. I guess its something very useful..

Im sad cause I would like to made it by myself, but I am not a map designer or something like that...
Hope someone can develop this map.. I guess is a good idea..

thx..!!!  << ME >>
Indeed this is a good idea, especially since I believe that training is something that one never can get enough of. There are some maps, designed with target practice in mind, but they are obviously for Q3 and not GPL:ed. One example of a single-player training map is this one [download here], and another one is acc_homer, which you can download here. Both of these are non-free and single-player, so what would be a great addition would be a map designed for both multiplayer mode and single player, various weapons, moving targets with various speeds and sizes but also still standing static objects, near and faraway distances.

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

<< ME >>

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 01:16:53 AM »

Thanks for your help Master ..!!  lol , but,
One example of a single-player training map is this one [download here],
and
and another one is acc_homer, which you can download here.
those maps has no sense at all..  please someone create a map for shooting-training..!!
hehe.. <<ME>>

thx
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 01:57:28 PM by davismael » Logged

w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 04:13:50 AM »

Thanks for your help Master ..!!  lol , but,
One example of a single-player training map is this one [download here],
and
and another one is acc_homer, which you can download here.
those maps has no sense at all..  please someone create a map for shooting-training..!!
hehe.. <<ME>>

thx
Those maps make perfect sense, if you know how to use them Wink
The acc_homer is made with speedy movement and as you jump/run/dodge/fly/bounce/crawl around the course you should try to hit the homer simpson faces plastered on the walls. Doing this might sound/seem easy, but try using 1 railgun shot/head and while flying in the air with a speed of 900 ups diagonally, that is training, I promise Smiley
The other map is designed with bots in mind but personally I prefer some human target standing there and taking a beating. Also there, you should be the moving one and aim to kill while moving is what target practice is all about. Or how often do you stand still in the game?

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

<< ME >>

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 04:29:43 AM »

Those maps make perfect sense, if you know how to use them Wink
The acc_homer is made with speedy movement and as you jump/run/dodge/fly/bounce/crawl around the course you should try to hit the homer simpson faces plastered on the walls. Doing this might sound/seem easy, but try using 1 railgun shot/head and while flying in the air with a speed of 900 ups diagonally, that is training, I promise Smiley

I agree with the first part, and thats an easy one..!!!

The other map is designed with bots in mind but personally I prefer some human target standing there and taking a beating. Also there, you should be the moving one and aim to kill while moving is what target practice is all about. Or how often do you stand still in the game?
I would like too some human target to practice with it, maybe some noobs!!! lol..

hey Master, I can frag you well..!!! I just want more practice..!!!

spirit
Nub

Cakes 0

chickening out already?

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 01:27:19 PM »

Training maps make little sense imo because how good you are depends a lot on the map you're playing.

Example:
I beat a friend of mine ~ 20:5@cpm1a, but he beats me ~ 20:10@cpm3a. Map knowledge is *very* important.

spirit
<< ME >>

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 09:14:55 AM »

Training maps make little sense imo because how good you are depends a lot on the map you're playing.
Yes, of course I know that and I agree, when you know well all the map characteristics it becomes easyer to play in it..
But, ok, If no one is available to help and take my idea, whatever.. It's just an idea..!!!

see ya on the field..!!!

<<ME>>

Sausage
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Ilaa

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 08:53:27 AM »

I have an idea that involves trains, one sided doors(Are they possible...?) and 20 or so bots in chambers.

You on start on te slow train, shoot three people, as the train moves, the doors close and you cant go back(or screw the doors and do it in space.)Only option is to go onto the next train, which is faster, and the targets are harder, progresing untill the end.

(For people who don't know what a train is, a train is just a moving platform ^^)

Is my idea any good?

- Sausage
anyone
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

I may weep openly

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 08:58:48 AM »

I think it could do the trick.

(One-way door: just make a door with a targetname. It means that it needs a button to be opened and won't react otherwise. Create a trigger_multiple brush on one side of the door (not too close if possible) targeting the door. When some client steps in the trigger_multiple, the door opens. Once it is closed, you may not be able to reach the trigger from the other side, so it won't open.)

(EDIT: and no, it's not a double count, I've been asked by MSN to put the tip here ^^)

I'll wear my badge, a vinyl sticker with big block letters adherent to my chest, tells to all your friends: "I am a visitor here, I am not permanent"
(The postal service "district sleeps alone tonight")
Promoted Mapper of the Century by some CPMA mid/high experienced player (luvyoalot, man)
Sausage
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Ilaa

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 10:08:49 AM »

Heh, Thanks Anyone!

I just wanted it online incase i need to refer to it at some stage.. Wink

- Sausage
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: