the OpenArena web site!
is a fully GNU GPL multiplayer FPS (First-person shooter) game using a
n improved version of the also GPL'd
id tech 3 engine.
Our goal is
to create original media from scratch, to create a Free, playable game.
WARNING: The game contains violent and racy content not suitable for children under the age of 17.
The game features various game types, such as:
- Free For All, popularily known as "deathmatch".
- Tournament, which puts two players fighting at
once while everyone else waits for their turn
- Capture the Flag, in which two teams cooperate
to capture the objective
- Team Deathmatch, in which two teams must
destroy eachother until a limit
- Harvester, as two teams eliminate the other,
but gather skulls generated from their kill, and take it to their base
- Overload, where the teams must destroy each
- One Flag, a variation of CTF in which they must
capture the only flag in the level located in the center
- Elimination, a round based game type where two teams must eliminate each other and reduce their lives until there are no survivors..
- CTF Elimination, same as above but with the Capture the Flag rules.
- Last Man Standing, like Free For All but all players have lives and must survive to win
- Double Domination, in which two teams must take control of two points in the map and hold them
- Instant Gib,
in which you carry a railgun that instantly deals unlimited supplies of
death. It can be applied to any of the above game types.
version is 0.8.1, released in October 31, 2008.
major version, 0.9.0, is still under development.
Our main focus for the next version is the replacement of invalid textures.
currently seek texture artists for the above task, and voice actresses
for new voices for several existing female player models that recycle
the same voice.