- Mac is back!
- Two new single player campaign tiers
- New maps:
- New player model: Neko.
- Specular maps have been added to many player and weaponsmodels. These can be disabled by turning off detail textures.
- Invulnerability powerup and effects
- Grappling hook model, shader, and sounds
- Angelyss, Gargoyle have been reanimated
- Liz and SMarine animation glitches fixed
- Many of the old maps got entity tweaks, gametype unlocking and other fixes.
- Benchmark demo
- Fixed TEAMMATE kill message bug.
- Prevent team changing and disconnect from changing team score in Team Deathmatch.
- Don't let vampire resurrect dead players.
- Now uses FFA spawnpoints in domination.
- Workaround for Kamikaze bug.
- g_autonextmap added ("Auto change level" in the menu). Randomly picks a new map once the current map has ended. The maps allowed for each gametype are configurable.
- You can now see how much health the obelisk have left in Overload
- Autoswitch weapon can now be set to only change to better or new weapons.
- Chat beep can be disabled in options.
- Changed default customvotefile to customvote.cfg.
- Added the possibility for spawning in waves. The cvar g_respawntime says how often players should spawn.
- Added a CVAR g_voteBan X - bans a player for X minutes using the KK-admin system
- Added g_gravityModifier (default 1.0) that modifies g_gravity relatively to the value set by the map.
- Additional dmflags. Most notably "Fast weapon switch" and "No self damage".
- Added a CVAR g_damageModifier to modify damage of all weapons and triggers.
- Added replace_* cvars like disable_*. Can be used like "set replace_weapon_shotgun weapon_bfg" for replacing shutgun by BFG.
- Handicap is reset to 100 once returned to the main menu. It is no longer changeable thorugh the GUI to prevent new players from hurting themself.
- Added "Click to respawn"-me...
Site theme change
UPDATE: It has been reverted.
Thanks for the feedback!
I've temporarily changed the theme of the site to gather opinions about it.
It's not permanent; the site will return to its old azure self in a week.
Also, Neko's in the random header. She's still not done unfortunately, all the attempts at rigging her so far have been bad.
There will be no swords.
ATTENTION/FYI: New players
Setting a "Handicap" will make you WEAKER.
If you find online play frustrating, check and see that you have turned off Handicap.
The purpose of this setting is for personal challenges, and players that are aware that they're too good in certain servers. It will not make you stronger!
p.s. Generations Arena really needs the Hovertank, Dangerous Dave and the Catacomb guy
0.8.5 patch released!
- UI restyling by Udi. In case you have not noticed, OA is now blue!
- New effects: rocket smoke, shotgun sparks, flares.
- New maps include:
* am_underworks, am_underworks2, hydronex2 from ArmageddonMan
* blitzkrieg3 from ArmageddonMan and Boczeq
* oa_koth2 from cosmo
* ps9ctf, ps37ctf from PsYthe
- Map improvments include ctf_compromise, ctf_gate1, ctf_inyard and oa_minia
- Angelyss team skins are more colorful
- 3 new player skins, one for Beret, one for Assassin and one for Angelyss
- New inclusion of the 'Challenge' system. Read here for details about it.
- Empty servers without humans with 'only humans' set is now really really empty
- Voting menu
- Different styles of weapon bars
- Various gameplay bugs fixed, like LMS survivor bug,
- New server admin system as explained here.
- Bots are much improved and understand the gameplay objectives better of the latter gametypes (Harvester, Overload, etc)