Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Did Your Buddy say NO to playing Open Arena?  (Read 38502 times)
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2010, 09:22:18 PM »

Wise words Killie The Great, I agree, a lot of people these days who are casual gamers, much prefer something simple and mindless over other more intelligent games.

Open Arena, Quake 3, and other games like it may appear simple, with very simple rules, but it takes a wise man to actually excel at this type of game.

You get a cake for that.  Grin

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2010, 10:37:33 AM »

That sounds like why I've basically quit buying games any more.  The classic games still rock, and the new games don't.
Same for me. I just don't play them enough, because after a couple of hours you get how the thing works and there isn't anything new to find out. You can practice maps and aim, but that's kinda it. There is no strafe jumping, circle jumping, all kinds of different weapons which you have to master to get good at, no rocketjumping which can bring some cool gameplay to the game. You just walk around with some automatic gun and you shoot someone else, and if you do it well you get extra kills (by sending in a bombardment or nasty dogs) sick
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2010, 11:09:09 AM »

i agree with what the last few ppl have been saying. and i feel the same way about new games. the only ones that are at all worth buying are the new motion games for the wii and whatever the thing microsoft is releasing soon.

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none!
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2010, 11:58:26 AM »

Though if OA is slowly getting less players, Q3A is dying too, I don't like QL and Q4 is one of those games where nothing is possible anymore, then what are we going to play in a couple of years?
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2010, 12:33:37 PM »

Modern Warfare 3

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2010, 03:29:40 PM »

These last few post seemed to hit the nail on the head about why I also just stop buying games. I remember when games where hard like total annihilation, myth, doom and some others but it seems now the focus is graphics and let’s make it “casual”. Casual seems to equal easy to learn and easy to master. There are no really hard games left because the games now seem to want to hold your hand thought out it so you don’t lose because if you lose you’ll go all ape sh*t crazy like that German kid on youtube did when he lost at a game.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2010, 03:05:41 AM »

so you don’t lose because if you lose you’ll go all ape sh*t crazy like that German kid on youtube did when he lost at a game.
I didn't know him. Anyway, here it is said he was acting.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2010, 03:19:16 AM »

Modern Warfare 3

I don't want realism in my games

I play games to escape reality...

*Logan*

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2010, 04:51:24 AM »

Modern Warfare 3
That's basicly the standard game I am against because of the above reasons.

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2010, 05:43:19 AM »

I didn't know him. Anyway, here it is said he was acting.

That's my favorite excuse too whenever someone catches me acting like a fool. Anyway, this guy isn't acting (are those keyboard keys he's throwing at the other players?).

I'm on the ten most wanted list, I've got it dead in the groove.
My face is on every wanted poster in town, for the way I move.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2010, 05:56:26 AM »

That's my favorite excuse too whenever someone catches me acting like a fool. Anyway, this guy isn't acting (are those keyboard keys he's throwing at the other players?).
I'm not sure what he's trowing. Anyway, I'm Italian and I can tell you it is better to not translate the words he's repeating... He says "My 8-years-old cousin, *** ***, plays better than you", and continues insulting deities...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2010, 06:23:37 AM »

This video  pretty much describes games of today.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7VAhzPcZ-s
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2010, 08:15:06 AM »

n1 bane

Just tried to play with someone from another forum, but it didn't work out as he was with his brother (same house = same ip) and they couldn't join the same server. He couldn't forward ports to setup his own server, and the net_qport trick failed. There go two potential players..
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2010, 09:59:31 AM »

That's odd.  I regularly play with a friend and his son who are playing at their house.  Three of us at work do the same thing during lunch.

@Bane: I agree with the video's point on the state of gaming.  I just wish he hadn't cussed so much or slagged on conservatives while making his point.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2010, 10:09:43 AM »

me and my brother also can play on the same server, but i had to put the net_qport and such in the config. But try to explain howto it to a noob while keeping his interrest in the game...
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2010, 05:38:28 PM »

This video  pretty much describes games of today.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7VAhzPcZ-s

Nice video..It's true. No matter how much practice you have, your still gonna suck if you just naturally suck at the game!

CAKE FOR YOU!

*Logan*

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2010, 01:26:48 AM »

me and my brother also can play on the same server, but i had to put the net_qport and such in the config. But try to explain howto it to a noob while keeping his interrest in the game...

What about trying to write down some help for this?

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2010, 03:52:29 AM »

If you google it or search the forums it's already somewhere, but maybe it should be on the wiki too. Though I set that like a year ago, I don't know what I exactly did.
Haverford
Nub

Cakes 1

make it work...

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2010, 10:35:38 AM »

"The game is too fast, I can't keep up"

"I'm dead before I know what's going on"

"You'd kick my ass"

I got all of the above from my significant other.

He played for about three days last week, and turned out to be wrong on number 3 there...he beat me a couple times.

Usually, though, my friends just say they want "better games" and are conveniently vague on what that means. For instance, the one mentioned above left for TF2 (which is strange, since that costs money).

If you do something right...no one has to know you did anything at all.

</atrophy>
HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2010, 11:54:33 AM »

Somebody is really taking themselves too seriously over there.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2010, 01:19:48 PM »

Somebody is really taking themselves too seriously over there.
They don't get called as "Stop Having Fun Guys" for nothing.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »

What's funny is I've been playing Excessive Plus mod lately, which speeds things up (including death rates) even more.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

Wild pony spotted derping around oasago2.

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010, 01:42:58 AM »

they said it feels wrong/bad/random so stick to dfengine, cs:s, ql, cnq3, etc.  lower skill in oa was mentioned too.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: