Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiplayer problems...  (Read 6016 times)
Keet
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic..."

« on: April 09, 2007, 04:10:58 PM »

Yeah, I'm back, and I've decided that I'm going to play OA again for a while.

However, I have encountered problems in multiplayer. It's nothing about in-game, but the problem is I can't seem to connect to the master server to get the list of servers. Apparently it seems OA is trying to connect to the Q3 master server (or something like that...just not dpmaster.deathmask.net), and that's not really where I want to go, especially if I can't even connect to normal q3 servers anyways.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled OA several times...before I install again I'd like to see if anyone can help me with this problem. It would be nice if I could play against people again instead of just bots (which can get boring after a while)

Pronouns are evil!

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic... It sounds... like me!" ~~B.B. Hood

baconfish
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 04:31:59 PM »

Actually, I've had this problem too. I click on multiplayer in the first menu and it takes a while (maybe 10 seconds, cursor is totally unresponsive) before the server list loads, and it's often empty. I have to click refresh (sometimes two or three times, and each time I can't do anything for 3 seconds) before servers show up. Is there a problem with the master server? If I go to the website it seems to work just fine, and I can just pick a server there and copy the IP.
Keet
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 04:35:20 PM »

Huh. Strange.

Thing is, I can't even connect to servers with an IP address, which really annoys me. I was first thinking that this might be a problem with my OA configuration...

I think I'll look around OA before I do anything.

Pronouns are evil!

Keet
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 04:56:02 PM »

nevermind, had it solved...stupid firewall problem.

Pronouns are evil!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: