Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: CRAPPY FRANKENSTEIN PATCHWORK PIECE OF CRAP GAME NOT WORTH MENTIONING is non-Free  (Read 39195 times)
SkareKrow
Nub

Cakes -2

I STEAL CONTENT FOR CRAP GAMES.

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 01:32:15 PM »

We (trep team) have decided to try to replace all the OA media before releasing another build to the publicso we dont have this problem again.

Reenen, most of your advice has been mentioned already, so your post is almost useless. And why can I not use personal remarks in my comments? This is a forum, used to converse with others and share ideas and opinions.
Ferk
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 05:51:02 PM »

What a pity that 2 comunities of quakers that could have done so much together are going through different paths.
I think things would have gone better if you had started up as a openarena mod with not-so-free content, instead of claiming to be a completely new project dividing efforts and breaking licenses. Things could have gone smoother and nicer with a bit of comunication.

As a suggestion, maybe you should take a closer look to all your content as there is, for example, a Tomb Raider model that could bring problems with Eidos... and I'm unsure also about that Grinch (this character has a owner also) and maybe some others, I dont know...
In my opinion all of those things should go as "unofficial model packs", just like some other packs for quake (in fact I saw some of them there)... it's the same thing some people do here with maps. Also we all could help each other sharing this unofficial packs.

However, the new GPLed models on openarena are, in my opinion,  really good. I was just opening the path to costumization, as said already on other threads.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 06:13:57 PM by Ferk » Logged

sorry for my english
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 09:17:05 PM »

We (trep team) have decided to try to replace all the OA media before releasing another build to the publicso we dont have this problem again.

While you're at it, delete all of Tremulous's media and Elite Forces as well as everything scavenged from polycount.

In the end, what does that wind up with? What's this "full game" then?

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Reenen
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 11:43:49 PM »

Ok, ok... sorries!

I didn't mean to stir.  My post wasn't meant to wake sleeping dogs.  But apparently it did.

I just happened to download OpenArena on monday, and I really liked it.  I am pretty sure if I downloaded CRAPPY FRANKENSTEIN PATCHWORK PIECE OF CRAP GAME NOT WORTH MENTIONING I'll like it as well.

I didn't mean to censor you (SK). I meant you're not supposed to give insults in your "credits.txt" file.  So saying you used something you thought sucked isn't really a credit.  It's more like a "I used it because I am too lazy/stupid to do better myself" vibe.

But thanks for sharing the info that the next release will not contain OA material.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2007, 12:17:40 AM »

Liar.

Banned.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 12:20:01 AM by leileilol » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: