Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I use maps not from OpenArena?  (Read 6008 times)
vegito616
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: February 01, 2007, 07:33:05 PM »

I have found some maps I would like to play from another website, though even after doing everything it said to in the FAQ i still could not get it to work. I put the pak3 files into the baseao and at the beginning it said that it loads it, but it does not appear in game. What am I doing wrong? What else do I have to do? I cannot even use maps that are meant for OpenArena made by users on this website
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 07:39:15 PM by vegito616 » Logged
Ryan450
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 12:29:19 PM »

I believe you need to create some .arena script files to get it to show up in the skirmish menu of openarena, but if you just want to get the maps loaded and are freindly with the cosole then use

/map <mapname>

then set it up anyway you like. for example FFA with 2 bots

/g_gametype 0
/addbot sarge 2
/addbot gargoyle 2
/timelimit 5
/fraglimit 35
/map_restart (only really needed if your swapping out the game type)

for g_gametype modes are as follows, running from memory here so please dont hold me to it exactly as written, and of course correct me if wrong Smiley.

0 - FFA
2 - TDM
3 - 1v1
4 - CTF

After that if you want to make various modes with map rotations then I'd suggest hit up the openarena wiki and create yourself a listen server config, then once ingame load said config with

/exec filename

to see everything you can do with console check this out http://quake2.ukrpack.net/FAQ/con_commands_q3.shtml

most of these commands will work with openarena's engine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: