Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CRAPPY FRANKENSTEIN PATCHWORK PIECE OF CRAP GAME NOT WORTH MENTIONING..Dont shoot!  (Read 7233 times)
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« on: February 06, 2007, 04:51:51 AM »

Okay I've been reading a lot about CRAPPY FRANKENSTEIN PATCHWORK PIECE OF CRAP GAME NOT WORTH MENTIONING breaking copyright laws and a few other things.

I've done some checking and I believe they have shaped up their act. They properly credit individuals works and have made it clear what is GPL'ed and what is CC in their game.

Here is the CREDITs from their game. Giving full credit to everyones work including OpenArena.

I have also been talking to "Shafe" the conversation can be found here: http://www.planetCRAPPY FRANKENSTEIN PATCHWORK PIECE OF CRAP GAME NOT WORTH MENTIONING.com/forum/index.php?topic=669.0

About this licencing problems and he has assured me that Credit has been given to the content used. And if not he will modify the Credits properly on request.

I also asked:
Quote from: kit89
But is there any content your not supposed to distribute still in the game?

And if so what?

His responce:

Quote from: Shafe
Nothing that I'm aware of.

I went through all the pk3's for weeks myself sorting everything out before we made the development builds public.  If there's something in there I missed we're more than happy to fix it

So I do believe CRAPPY FRANKENSTEIN PATCHWORK PIECE OF CRAP GAME NOT WORTH MENTIONING has changed, to follow the licences. And I believe this was made possible thanks to OpenArena and others for pointing out some mistakes. And they have tried to rectify them.

And in the Credits you get the feeling that CRAPPY FRANKENSTEIN PATCHWORK PIECE OF CRAP GAME NOT WORTH MENTIONING is the child of OpenArena.
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 01:00:52 PM »

He's wrong about this
Neither the GPL nor Creative Commons licensing requires permission so long as you comply with the licenses.

Re-read section 10 of the GPL.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 01:05:05 PM »

It's also still violating Tremulous, too

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 01:29:29 PM »

He's wrong about this
Neither the GPL nor Creative Commons licensing requires permission so long as you comply with the licenses.

Re-read section 10 of the GPL.

You are correct dmn_clown, and I may bring his attention to this.

It's also still violating Tremulous, too

I'm not entirely sure about this, tremulous is credited, but for permission of the content I do not know.
subnet_rx
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 09:02:15 PM »

Write an article on these violations and submit it to a gaming site so that when someone searches for the game, this article will come up in the top 10.  I'm sure you could get everyone here to digg it until a lot of people know what's going on.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: