Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Phoenix Distritubtion System  (Read 6869 times)
hck-dev
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: January 20, 2007, 08:27:33 AM »

Phoenix Client is a freeware content delivery system designed to handle any sort of downloads, including games, software, videos, music and others.

100% Legal Content

but we are still working on the GUI, we wanted to make the program functional first, and then move on to the graphics.

At the moment we have http download ready, it downloads files, it has an auto-update system that you wont have to download the whole game to update the game.

The future improvements are:
P2P, Friends Network.

all data is stored on a secure server with multiple mirrors on load-balancing, with our own transfer protocol.

---

Content Providers.... You will have access to a special admin panel to track usage of your application, download and usage rates (statistics), have a mini-section in the applications storefront (link to forums, etc?) and also ability to have your application to appear in our server browser, and allow players to talk via an in-game friends network.

Once the application is ready, you will get beta logins (to the client), to see upcoming titles and features

Server is on a dedicated hosting, but the current site is on a free host, because we are currently in the process of migration.
---

This is a one-of-a kind opportunity for you as a content provider, we are currently talking to big names in free, legal, open source content providers.

http://projectashes.site.vu/
http://projectashes.com/ (currently inactive)

IM: hck-dev@hotmail.com
MAIL: koconder@gmail.com

With The Best Wishes,
Hck~D3v, Project Development Team

Contact Me For Your GFX Needs...
Jeric Hikari
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Skeletal Geek

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 09:17:01 AM »

I take it the phoenix client dictates what it will and will not share based on what's on the main serverlist? If so that's rather interesting, p2p but only with a whitelist of programs stored offsite to prevent tampering(at least in theory).
hck-dev
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 10:34:30 AM »

Yes, were asking for permision to distribute OpenArena on this platform

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 12:19:36 PM »

Well, if I said 'no', that'd make me violate the GNU GPL licenses and such

I don't see how promising this is if you can't even spell its title on the freehostia'd web page's header...

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
hck-dev
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 12:26:02 PM »

There are some typo like that, tnx. If its Under GPU GPL i think we allready have permission to distribute it. But i would like to get the final word from an admin, dev, mod.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: