Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Connection Interrupted after few min  (Read 6672 times)
Iguanna
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: March 11, 2009, 01:57:13 PM »

After about a minute or so I get 'connection interrupted' and the lagometer thing looks like this.

We have wireless here, which is a bit dodgy, but noone is using p2p and this seems to happen when it is just me using the internet. I've fiddled with the snaps, maxpackets, rate a bit but it doens't help, and I have no clue what I'm doing Smiley Just now I deleted those to get defaults - same problem though. Also, on one server it used to recover sometimes, and then it would say something about a packet or something that is too old (parse enume or something I don't remember exactly). Recently I have to quit to fix it (I think it got worse when I deleted those settings to get defaults). I can sort of see what is happening a bit - people moving etc, but I can't move.

Also, when I delete my config to try defaults, there are no servers in the list - IDK why.

Any assistance with this would be very much appreciated, cuz it's very annoying. I looked in the wiki, FAQ and did a bit of a search here but couldn't find any info.

BTW I tried to attach the pic, but it gave me the error 'Attachment directory not writable'. It was saved in my documents, so I think it was writable - IDK if I am doing something wrong there or if there is prob with attachments.
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:43:50 PM »

Sorry, I've never had that problem before. Sad

Are you having any problems playing other online multiplayer games?
Iguanna
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 06:46:32 PM »

Yeah a little bit. I'm thinking it is just my connection here is bad. I just wonder if there is something I can set so that it is easier on the modem - I think it sort of crashes. For p2p we had to put the # of connection right down. But IDK what to set for openarena.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 06:54:57 PM by Iguanna » Logged
Joe le Kiffeur
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 02:18:27 PM »

Hi!

I can confirm that many problem connexions in using wifi protocols with a ADSL box seems sometimes existing. But I'm not sure this is a OA server problem, or other bad stuff.
This is reproductible in GNU/Linux or Windows.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 04:34:10 AM »

Bad wifi drivers, or interruptions by another service/program.

I play on wifi, and I don't have problem.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: