Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mesa renderer  (Read 6283 times)
Virus
« on: August 31, 2012, 08:54:30 AM »

Hi,

atm I'm trying OA on Lubuntu (first time linux for me).
I get OA running (openarena.i386) and with the xgamma -gamma 3 hack it looks good - better than I had it under windows and loads much faster.
My problem is that the rendering is slower now. In one scenario it was only half the frames. With normal weapons it is very noticable which I had only rarely or less severe under windows.

Question:
Can I tweak down the graphics to improve FPS with Mesa (through some general settings / oa setup is the same as before) and if so what/where to do?

I did try to install the driver of ATI but that failed and OA did not boot.

The configuration I copied from the windows installation on the same machine.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 10:08:49 AM »

Did you also try using a "clean" configuration?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 03:19:34 PM »

OpenArena doesn't support software rendering, including Mesa and TinyGL. It will never be playable on it for the time being.

I wish I had a software renderer module using SSE2 (modern cpu gruntwork instead) because of these linux/bsd driver issues honestly, but right now your best luck is to get the AMD video driver working.

Did you try the opensource driver? That supposedly still supports older radeon hardware which I suspect you are using.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Virus
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 02:08:37 PM »

OK.

I think I do run with hardware accelerated graphics (as installed together with the OS):

http://www.mesa3d.org/faq.html 1.2 > DRI gives me a config (package driconf).

Played around a bit. FPS seem more stable at first glance.

Yes, my old Radeon is not supported by ATI/AMD
http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Hardware#mw-head
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: