Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Connecting 2 server  (Read 7569 times)
TheMechanicalHand
Bigger member

Cakes -1

Birdo

« on: July 31, 2007, 10:09:56 PM »

ok listen up! i just made my own server (YAY) it works fine BUT! i cant even connect to my own server its not in the Multiplayer selection.i have also tried this i dropped down the console ` and i typed /connect ^1RAAM it will stop for a while THEN it will continue then it will come up with Bad Server address

i dont get it?

And in this moment Seconds stop and I burst with clarity, A wealth of love and hate gone blank For I finally remember my fucking name!! What do you want! i breathe wind, the clarity is gone, and my pulse is faint!
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 02:03:42 AM »

ok listen up! i just made my own server (YAY) it works fine BUT! i cant even connect to my own server its not in the Multiplayer selection.i have also tried this i dropped down the console ` and i typed /connect ^1RAAM it will stop for a while THEN it will continue then it will come up with Bad Server address
i dont get it?
Eh?
If you have managed to get a dedicated server up, then you would:
A) Type /connect 123.456.789.***
B) Make sure you have a master server. seta sv_master1 "dpmaster.deathmask.net" in your config.
C) Read this handy guide.

If it's not a dedicated server you are trying to create, then:
A) Start it through the 'multiplayer' menu
B) Make sure that 'dedicated' is set to NO or LAN.
C) Click on fight Smiley

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

TheMechanicalHand
Bigger member

Cakes -1

Birdo

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 03:04:02 AM »

hi everybody (hi Dr.Nick!) Hee Hee

i made a server i got rid off my old one and i made works fine but 2 problems when i connect it will just wait there when the bit Awaiting Snapshoot anyone no that problem?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

2....and the other one! i set my server to dedicated Internet but it shows up in the local area HELP ME!!!!

thank you

And in this moment Seconds stop and I burst with clarity, A wealth of love and hate gone blank For I finally remember my fucking name!! What do you want! i breathe wind, the clarity is gone, and my pulse is faint!
beast
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 03:18:04 AM »

If your server is running on your local net (hub/switch/whatever), a local client will still be able to find it locally. So, that is not a problem.

In order for it to show up in the master server list, you have to make sure that

B) Make sure you have a master server. seta sv_master1 "dpmaster.deathmask.net" in your config.
C) Read this handy guide.

You will also need to make sure that you have your server port forwarded in your router configuration.
TheMechanicalHand
Bigger member

Cakes -1

Birdo

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 06:11:41 AM »

hey W1zrd i enetered that command but it didnt make a difference got any other solutions???

w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 07:44:02 AM »

hey W1zrd i enetered that command but it didnt make a difference got any other solutions???
Are you trying to set up the server on the same computer as you are playing on?
There are sources saying that it's not possible to make a dedicated server, and then play on the same machine, connecting to you server.
Of course here are ways around it (no rules without exceptions), but it's not easy nor advisable.

If you are setting up your server on another computer, then make sure that you set either dedicated 1 (for LAN/Internal Networks) or dedicated 2 (for public server). In your servers configuration file you can enter: set sv_snaps "40" to ensure large amounts of data is being sent out as snapshots and then make sure that the connection between your server and computer is working before connecting.

It might help to use the console and type /connect [servers-ip] [servers-port]
For example: /connect 123.321.123.321:27960

If you want to run it as a purely dedicated server, then you would be advised to use .bat files under Windows or .sh scripts under Linux.

[edit: read this thread]

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: