Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: im not the greatest with computers!  (Read 8205 times)
HUMAHATER
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: January 12, 2010, 10:20:15 PM »

my friend donskov told me about this game and thought i'd give it a try!  now heres my prob. i loaded this game from synaptic on linux and it worked but...  i cant see any of the servers!?!?!? weird i dont understand it. im not to sure what to do. 
yes i have refreshed, then quit came back and im lost. please help
thank you, HUMAHATER
PopeJo
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 01:44:46 AM »

please tell us which system you are using (ubuntu? which one?) and what version of openarena you are using (0.7.1 , 0.7.7, 0.8.1 ?).

most likely you got an old openarena version from the repository and you should get the newest version of the game (0.8.1) here: http://openarena.ws/download.php?view.2

menganito
Lesser Nub

Cakes 7

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 08:31:46 AM »

Also, openarena serches only LAN servers by default. On the server list, on top right corner, click on the word "LOCAL" repeatedly, until it changes into "INTERNET".
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 09:39:15 AM »

Hm should be one click actually Tongue If it is not clickable press space first (it is searching for lan-servers then, spacebar cancels searching).
HUMAHATER
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 07:04:32 PM »

please tell us which system you are using (ubuntu? which one?) and what version of openarena you are using (0.7.1 , 0.7.7, 0.8.1 ?).

most likely you got an old openarena version from the repository and you should get the newest version of the game (0.8.1) here: http://openarena.ws/download.php?view.2
linux xubuntu.  and i have open arena 0.7.7 <----- i think??? im not to sure. thats what it says on the bottom right hand side when i am on the starting page befor i click (single player)or(multiplayer) i hope that helps

thank you again!

HUMA
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 07:11:38 PM »

Try downloading 081, the link is on the homepage of this site Wink
PopeJo
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 02:23:43 AM »

Try downloading 081, the link is on the homepage of this site Wink
indeed, you just got an old version of openarena, HUMAHATER. get the newest version here:
http://openarena.ws/download.php?view.2

see you in the arena Smiley

HUMAHATER
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 11:25:52 PM »

sorry for bringing up my old topic, but i wanted to thank all of you guys that helped!!!!  Smiley thank you very much and im in game and having fun! Wink  Question:  is there any modded servers?  like X/A server in tremulous???  if so can you post it here i'll come back and look again in a couple days. 

Thank you again to all that helped!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: