Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena - A History Of His Players  (Read 24612 times)
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« on: April 10, 2010, 04:22:39 AM »

Greetings, Players!

On our site we started a little project about the history of oa players.
It would be nice, if you could support our idea, to make the flow and connections between clans more visible for all.
The idea behind, is to see, wich players played in which clan.

Feel free to write all about your clan history but be neat enough to _not_ insult your old pals Wink

The thread can be found here: http://god-oa.de/smf/index.php?topic=1389

thx for your support!

GoD|Clan
menganito
Lesser Nub

Cakes 7

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:40:40 AM »

Started playing in autumn 2007. Joined =SC= after 4 months or so, and I am a member ever since.
Boring or stable?
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 11:10:30 AM »

I guess "stable" Smiley
As you can see in the above link (http://god-oa.de/smf/index.php?topic=1389), many players just joined one clan and stay there.
So: support them and write your own thread there Smiley
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »

I found out about OpenArena around October 2007 from doing a Wiki search of portable games. This was version 071. After I installed and played it, I thought it would be cool to past the time. Plus, I got my GF (Hitwoman) to play as well. After playing on my LAN, we decided to play against others. At that time, the big name teams were /V/, Brutal, *SS*, ThD that I knew of. The top teams collaborated to make a group called [N] for Noobs so that clans can train new prospects and recruit them.

Some of the [N] players back then was Myself, Hitwoman, sns, Alma, BillGates. I learned the game from many good players (Odigo, bogie mainly) and was asked to join /V/ about 4 months later (early 2008). At that time, many people of V  (Wii, Gerbil, Bogie, Repta, Mobster) left the group to formed their own team (-X-) at that time before starting oAN later on.

During the 2008 year, all that was left was Myself, Hitw, ME, Ikemon, Twizzler, RashDawg, sns, Vile. Later we recruited Drunken^Master, RoboJew, JessicaRA, Shishio. Robo Left joined *beer*, Vile quit playing and Shishio disappeared after moving to version 081. Then we began recruiting people like Alma, Specious, RoOster, Hairball (early 2009). We were a powerhouse team with our new additions. But toward the middle of 2009, members left the group for different reasons (tension between each other, lack of interest).

At the end of 2009, I decided to leave /V/ and go solo for awhile. Alma, Jess, and Hitw were the only ones that kept /V/ alive (Later they recruited dsd). I played more on EU servers, instagibbing, All Rockets using multiple aliases (CloudStrife, Orochi, {C}easar). Now in 2010, I joined up with small groups (Kozaks, Moto's) but officially in the d/p clan with Wii, Butters, RashDawg and 2 others. So far, its been interesting ride. I plan on continuing to make more history with this game.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:23:35 PM by HITMAN » Logged

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 12:13:54 PM »

I can't load the god website, couldn't at home and can't here (and it are different ISPs) :s
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 05:57:51 AM »

Clans are lame, and nothing  makes  me smile more than beating  a bunch of clan boys in their  own  server. LOL

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 07:54:36 AM »

to generalize is the right way to bring up our society!
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 04:10:43 PM »

to generalize is the right way to bring up our society!

Good shot ! XD
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 05:47:49 PM »

Most clans and clan members I run into are ok and helpful but some are aholes and sore losers but there will always be these types of people in any game I just say nothing and let them rage.
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 11:16:25 PM »

I just  don't  see the  point...

*Logan*

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 05:13:51 AM »

I just  don't  see the  point...

Communautarism is bad, but communities is good, and necessary for human. Else, you wouldn't talk in a forum.
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 05:53:36 AM »

Being in a  clan with a silly  little clan tag is quite  different  than chatting on a  forum.  I see  what you mean about the  social aspect, but I can chat with other players and  use MSN or  whatever to keep  in  touch  with them without being in a clan. Like  I said,  I  don't see  the  point.

*Logan*

HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 06:06:08 AM »

The point is playing team games, like TDM and CTF.

Much like you play in a team when you play football or basketball. Having a team of players, who work on strategies, and play in leagues, is often more interesting than eternal random matches with random people against random people.

All team-based games have, well, teams Smiley
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 07:09:31 AM »

The point is playing team games, like TDM and CTF.

Much like you play in a team when you play football or basketball. Having a team of players, who work on strategies, and play in leagues, is often more interesting than eternal random matches with random people against random people.

All team-based games have, well, teams Smiley

Well you know what? That makes sense. I still enjoy the eternal random matches with random people though, unless I can get a few friends from MSN or something.

Seeing as how I am not a team game player though, it makes even more sense now why I'm not into clans. Smiley

*Logan*

HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 10:48:32 AM »

Well you know what? That makes sense. I still enjoy the eternal random matches with random people though, unless I can get a few friends from MSN or something.
So do I, in fact this is all I do.

If you only do casual FFA and duel, then there is really not that much need for a clan at all, other than the social aspects, should you desire them.
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 01:27:48 PM »

If you only do casual FFA and duel, then there is really not that much need for a clan at all, other than the social aspects, should you desire them.

Ah, but I'm not casual, I play OA and Quake 3 every day for at least a couple hours. This doesn't make me want to go join some clan though.

*Logan*

HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 03:15:01 PM »

I meant "casual" in the sense of playing for fun, not joining leagues, competitions, going to lan parties, playing for money, etc.
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 01:35:30 AM »

I meant "casual" in the sense of playing for fun, not joining leagues, competitions, going to lan parties, playing for money, etc.

Well, when your in a clan some of that still doesn't happen. I have talked to quite a few clan people over the years, and generally there are no prizes or money or anything like that if you win in a clan. Things could be different now, but generally clans are just the opportunity to put a tag in front of your name and a few new dudes on your buddy list.

*Logan*

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 02:25:22 AM »

OpenArena - A History Of His Players

PROJECTS HAVE SEX?  Lips Sealed

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 02:46:55 AM »

OpenArena - A History Of His Players

PROJECTS HAVE SEX?  Lips Sealed

?
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 02:48:39 AM »

Guess something got lost found in translation....

Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 05:00:18 AM »

and this topic goes belly up  Cheesy

*Logan*

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 05:29:33 AM »

?
He meant "A history of its players"...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 09:15:50 AM »

?
He meant "A history of its players"...

Arena is female, so its right form has to be "her" - but i am not a native and if you like, we can write all the stuff in my language...
I do _not_ like this kind of wise ass.
(and yes: there is also a m (Turnierplatz) and a n (Stadion) form, but as i told above...)

PS: i do not mean Gig oc! thx for your hint!
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 10:03:09 AM »

AFAIK:
For males: his
For females: her
For things: its

I guess OA is a thing. Tongue

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: