Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My config  (Read 13797 times)
senor jojo
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: August 22, 2007, 06:22:55 AM »

i have made a public version of my config file that is free for everyone to use. (the only changes to mine are the name, to prevent alot of people playing with mine, and removed chat binds)

to use this config first you need to rename the file jojo.txt to jojo.cfg (forum doesnt allow cfg filetype) then simply place it in your openarena/baseoa directory if you are in windows, or if you are in linux in your home/.openarena/baseoa directory (at least in ubuntu its like that, i dont know how other linux's work :p)

to use the config file just run openarena, open the console and type /exec jojo

i strongly suggest you do /writeconfig yourconfig'sname before doing so as i dont know how the oaconfig.cfg will react to the changes. in that case you can allwase get your old one back with /exec yourconfig'sname. remember your sensetivity value as its smart to stick to what your used to on that. adjusting some of the graphics might be needed too.

i play in cg_fov 105 so that might look weird at first.
some basic buttons to help you get started:
E = forward
S = move left
D = back
F = move right
mouse1 = shoot
mouse2 = jump
the weapon selection buttons are spread around your movement, try them to find them. some are on the mouse
scroll up = machinegun
scroll down = grenade launcher
mouse3 (press scroll) = shotgun
space = sneaking

that should help you get started. have fun, and dont become too good with it :p !

edit: after you make the changes to fit the config to you (like sens, name, gfx options,...) you best do a /writeconfig "configname" and then allwase exec that one, else you need to do the changes every time you play.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 06:48:08 AM by senor jojo » Logged
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 07:14:14 AM »

Have you noticed that you have /snaps 25?
Anyways, my config is available from http://rainbow.sytes.net if someone is interested. And so is Insomn1a's (you can't jump with it, I promise) Smiley

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

hyp3rfocus
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 10:47:04 AM »

E = forward
S = move left
D = back
F = move right

i'm glad to see i'm not the only person who doesn't use wasd. since i touch type a lot it feels wrong to not have my index finger on the f. one slight difference is that i use d for forward because i spend most of my time going forward and it feels more natural to have all my fingers on the same row. i use c for backward.
senor jojo
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 10:48:31 AM »

snaps 25 should work better for netsettings, i'm not totaly shure how it works but i heard its best if you use the same value as the server. so they should turn it to 25 server side too Cheesy
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »

I use ESDF too, A for jump.

I remember back in the days long discussion about the best placement of keys. I don't think there is an optimal placement for keys, it will vary greatly from person to person. Not to mention the different games the person also play.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Fitacus
Lesser Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 02:45:33 PM »

Call me a conservative player but I keep on playing with w-a-s-d and space for jumping. I tried to shift all moving buttons one position to right (e-a-d-f) but I felt uncomfortable to accustom myself. So never change a running cfg if ur happy and still own. Unless u have enough time to screw up ur custom settings Wink

"The things you own, they end up owning you."
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 03:22:17 PM »

Call me a conservative player but I keep on playing with w-a-s-d and space for jumping. I tried to shift all moving buttons one position to right (e-a-d-f) but I felt uncomfortable to accustom myself. So never change a running cfg if ur happy and still own. Unless u have enough time to screw up ur custom settings Wink
I did a switch from inverted mouse -> non-inverted after years of playing. It took a few days of random wall-bumping, but it worked Smiley

senor jojo
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 04:03:25 PM »

personaly i dont think the movement keys are the importance in a cfg, its just easy to have a button set for each weapon as it will greatly help you play, and then there are the settings like forcemodel and truelightning and such that can raely help out.
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 04:07:58 PM »

personaly i dont think the movement keys are the importance in a cfg, its just easy to have a button set for each weapon as it will greatly help you play, and then there are the settings like forcemodel and truelightning and such that can raely help out.
Sheeeeter! Smiley
Anyways, it comes down to what keyboard type you have since this is a french/belgian version and this is an english one but to go l33t you need this one.

WH173Ru5Tty
"OA is a crappy game, and should never have been made. "
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 03:15:50 PM »

I tried playing with ESDF in ET, but I noticed a glitch that didn't let me jump while strafing, so I still use WASD.

<this sig was big and dumb>
Euwe
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 02:41:42 AM »

WSAD here too, but I think that ESDF is much better, considering the amount of extra buttons you receive for weapon switching.. Nice Jojo that you put ur cfg on Wink

-Cor

LOL @ leet keyboard
GudinDmitry
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 02:24:27 AM »

Well, I see I'm alone who uses Left, Right, Up and Down arrows Smiley For me, it's very comfortable with Ctrl-jump and Shift-crouch... If you want my config fully, see the attachment. This is final config collected by me since 2 months ago.
But I still do not know what should be binded to Mouse-Rightclick Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: