Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cl_curl.h  (Read 8354 times)
mondo1287
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: September 18, 2007, 09:08:50 PM »

I had a problem with the linux engine looking for the wrong libcurl.so library.  It was looking for libcurl.so.3 whereas I have libcurl.so.4.  Simply linking libcurl.so.3 to libcurl.so.4 fixed it, but perhaps the code could be changed so that it looks for libcurl.so, which in most if not all linux distributions should be linked to the current libcurl.so.*  I suppose this may lead to problems if someone had <libcurl.so.3 though.  If older versions of libcurl aren't a concern, changing cl_curl.h to use libcurl.so instead would solve this.

cl_curl.h diff
37c37
< #define DEFAULT_CURL_LIB "libcurl.so.3"
---
> #define DEFAULT_CURL_LIB "libcurl.so"
De@thByBl@st
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 12:01:12 PM »

I had a problem with the linux engine looking for the wrong libcurl.so library.  It was looking for libcurl.so.3 whereas I have libcurl.so.4.  Simply linking libcurl.so.3 to libcurl.so.4 fixed it, but perhaps the code could be changed so that it looks for libcurl.so, which in most if not all linux distributions should be linked to the current libcurl.so.*  I suppose this may lead to problems if someone had <libcurl.so.3 though.  If older versions of libcurl aren't a concern, changing cl_curl.h to use libcurl.so instead would solve this.

cl_curl.h diff
37c37
< #define DEFAULT_CURL_LIB "libcurl.so.3"
---
> #define DEFAULT_CURL_LIB "libcurl.so"

Same here and I agree that it makes more since to look for libcurl.so, assuming here that anything less is indeed lethal, it shouldn't be too hard to get version information on libcurl.so or what ever it's linked to. Though it may be easier just to look for libcurl.so.* and verify that it is at least 3.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: