Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: questions about downloading  (Read 7963 times)
zien angel
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: October 22, 2007, 05:05:09 PM »

can I put this game onto a flash drive?
iLeft.bye

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 05:14:40 PM »

try
zien angel
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 05:17:59 PM »

how would I tho. I dont know how
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 05:23:12 PM »

Yes

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 10:56:25 PM »

how would I tho. I dont know how
1.) Go ahead and insert your flash drive into one of your USB ports. The port will either be on the front, the side or the back of your computer, depending on which style you have.

2.) Once the flash drive is recognized by your computer, double click on the My Computer icon on your desktop. (You can also access this by going to Start, My Computer if you need to).

3.) Next, right click on the folder which contains Open Arena. Then right click it and select the Send To option. From there, choose Removable Disk. You may have several options for this, but just pick the one that your flash drive is listed under. It could be any letter.

4.) Now, you may receive a prompt that tells you to overwrite the files that are already on the flash drive. You'll want to check this out, because you don't want any old versions of the files to be saved and you don't want to lose anything else that may already be saved on the drive. If you don't receive the prompt though, go ahead and continue on.

5.) This is the step where the files from Open Arena will transfer themselves over to your flash drive. Now, depending on the amount of files/maps/models you have to transfer, this could take quite a long time. You may want to go grab something to eat or take a nap while you're waiting. When the transfer is finished, the File Transfer window will go away.

6.) You should now be able to use Open Arena as your local copy, start by double clicking on it's icon that you now have on your flashdrive.

7.) To remove the drive, then go back to your My Computer window and right click on the removable disk icon that your flash drive is listed under. Select Eject and everything will then disappear from your screen. You can then safely unplug the flash drive from the USB port.

Now, there are just a couple tips you'll want to follow before you start this process. For one, make sure you have enough room on your flash drive for all of the contents you're saving. If you don't have enough space, the complete folder, etc. will not transfer over. Also, make sure that you never remove the flash drive from the USB port before hitting Eject. If you do, you could do some damage to the flash drive or even worse, lose some of your data. This is the text from a simple google search..

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: