Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Setting Up A Non-Dedicated Server on Windows  (Read 8991 times)
Joshgt2
Nub

Cakes 0

Shoop Me!

« on: November 08, 2007, 03:10:29 PM »

Ok... It has been awhile since I played this but I know I asked about this a long time ago but now I have found I made a lot more progress. I am at the point where I have made up my server.cfg file and made a shortcut of the original openarena.exe file and did all of that fun stuff and put both the shortcut and my .cfg file into the baseoa folder. I am having it so I am running Open Arena v0.7.1 and I would like to have my game displayed on the CTF list when I have it running. So far, I am at the point where I have 6 bots running around and I can see it happening in the console that they are doing things but I have 2 problems. 1) I'm not able to see my game on the CTF list in the multiplayer menu even though I put in the command to do so and 2) when I try to enter my server by typing in my IP and port number, it just keeps saying awaiting challenge or something like that and no one that I have talked to is able to get past it. Can anyone tell me if the coding for my 'server' is wrong or if I am missing something please?

seta net_ip "blahblahblah"
seta net_port blahblahblah
set sv_hostname "Open Arena 0.7.1 [GTServer]"
set sv_maxclients 10
set g_motd "Welcome to the GT Server presented by Joshgt2! Using Open Arena version 0.7.1"
set g_forcerespawn 15
//set rconpassword "blah"
//set fraglimit 50
//set timelimit 20
set caplimit 10
set sv_allowDownload 1
set sv_cheats 1
// g_gametype - Gametype. 1 = DM, 2 = Tourney (1on1), 3 = Team DM, 4 = CTF.
set g_gametype 4
set dedicated 2

//MAP CYCLE BEGIN

// makes all maps loop on the server (last vstr is m1 to go at the beginning):
set m1 "map hydronex; set nextmap vstr m2"
set m2 "map oa_bases3; set nextmap vstr m3"
set m3 "map oa_ctf4ish; set nextmap vstr m1"

//MAP CYCLE END

// begin game CTF (Capture the Flag)
//map hydronex
vstr m1
seta bot_enable "1"
seta bot_minplayers 4

next_ghost
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 03:05:46 AM »

1) I'm not able to see my game on the CTF list in the multiplayer menu even though I put in the command to do so

Run cmd.exe, type
Code:
ipconfig /all
press Enter and post here the output.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 07:18:14 AM by next_ghost » Logged
Joshgt2
Nub

Cakes 0

Shoop Me!

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 10:20:25 PM »

What do you mean by that? Should I set my IP address to be my computers IP or my routers standard IP address because it seems like I have two of them.

next_ghost
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 07:17:03 AM »

What do you mean by that? Should I set my IP address to be my computers IP or my routers standard IP address because it seems like I have two of them.

You should do what I've asked you to do. Understanding is not required.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 07:18:39 AM by next_ghost » Logged
Joshgt2
Nub

Cakes 0

Shoop Me!

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 07:31:41 PM »

Ok... when I did that I found that there is no output thing that shows up... Could there be a problem with my router or something because bots seem to be playing fine in my server but I am not able to view any games on the multiplayer list, could that be causing another problem?

next_ghost
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 03:10:31 AM »

Ok... when I did that I found that there is no output thing that shows up...

Then you did something wrong. Try again. The output will look like this when you do it right.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: