Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MLCTF1BETA2 - Some fixes to Meisterlampe's Training Grounds map  (Read 8277 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« on: September 11, 2018, 03:08:28 AM »

Shaman in these days published on Discord mlctf1beta2 (a new version of mlctf1beta, a map originally designed by Meisterlampe which published it while mostly finished although not 100% polished, and was included into OA 0.8.8 after a few tweaks by Neon_Knight).

You can download mlctf1beta2 from here (mirror).
PK3 file includes GPL license, readme file, .map source. 767 KB.

Changes against mlctf1beta:
- Higher ceiling, for more rocketjump action (may be interesting in elimination_ctf or g_elimination).
- Removed invisible walls in the middle, which hampered players rocketjumping and spectators.
- Some fixes for bots (I don't know exactly what was the problem).
- Fixed texturing of a few, tiny surfaces (I don't know exactly where).
- Removed invisible walls which prevented from rocketjumping from the central areas to the lateral corridors and hampered spectators floating high. Now spectating is a nicer experience than in original version, with much less "flickering" geometry (at the cost of some less VIS optimization, but one has to accept some compromises I guess), even with the ability to pass above the towers. In case someone may not like this last point of changes, there is a previous test version without them: .pk3, .map
- Lighting is a bit different for some reason, probably due to different compiler options.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 03:30:47 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 07:01:12 AM »

This could be given the appropriate format of a patch (i.e. having the same name as the original map) so it can properly "replace" the older map.

EDIT: Here's the repackaged map as a patch. It takes precedence over 0.8.8 mlctf1beta now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 07:10:53 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: